new ground helemt time

redwood

hi guys,

its time I got myself a new ground helmet, now normally I'd just order another

husky forest helemt, but I hear they've changed the design in the last couple of years, I don't have a local stockest so I'm not able to go and see it in the flesh to see of the qaulity is as good as it use to be. Has anyone tried the new helemt and know what they're like? The second option is balance helemt that WGM sell, they appaently buy the components and put them togeather themselfs but again only ever had a brief look at one and don't know how well they'll last. Any input much appriseated and sorry about any spelling grammar errors I'm writing this on my phone as I don't have a computer but can't work out how to be the curser to move back so I can edit

Regards redwood

I've recently had the dilemma of a new helmet recently.

I was using an Oregon one before and thought I would stick to the same as it was comfortable. How wrong was I, it is comfy but the air holes are too small so my head sweats and I can feel it. And they changed the strap on the back from a ratchet to the older type. Also the defenders feel horrible as they have a trim on the inside that if worn the wrong way cut into the ears...

Think I will go different next time.

i need a new ground helmet and a climbers maybe.... i'm down to one visor between the two as pulled the visor out of one and left on the chipper and drove off :001_rolleyes: any how visor knackered on this helmet now..... seems expensive to buy a visor and the brackets!! faulse economy so might aswell buy new helmets....

The husky helmets new mesh visor is a lot better than the old one`s, a lot finer mesh I found when I first swaped to it I was trying to drop visor down when it was already down, it was that much better looking through.

It is also more flexable, so keeps its shape better.

The husky helmets new mesh visor is a lot better than the old one`s, a lot finer mesh I found when I first swaped to it I was trying to drop visor down when it was already down, it was that much better looking through.

It is also more flexable, so keeps its shape better.

I'd agree with that. Put one of the new type vsors on earlier in the year and not only is it a lot easier to see through, but it doesn't get water collecting on the mesh half as badly as the old style ones.

I'd say go for the Husky balance helmet :001_smile: