Boa????

welwell

My clients tree is in a private pinetum and I think as josharb said they also want to plant a re-placement tree. The bracing should give 10-12 years at least, by which time replacement should be a decent size, then I guess the original will be ready to come down.

what does this cost, if you were to take a day with 2 guys, including all the bracing?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what does this cost, if you were to take a day with 2 guys, including all the bracing?

The kit (for a small tree up to 40cm/2tonnes) comes in at just over £100+vat. Add on your daily rate and you're away. We are thinning the crown aswell so have got half a day on it in total. (Hope it's enough)

The kits for the larger trees are obviously more costly.

i saw a tree today that had been cabled up and supported(badly)

the woman told me how this was her favourite tree and she loved it so much, i guessed it would cost about 500 quid to thin it out and cable it properly.

guess what is getting felled,logged and replanted. for half the price plus 2 tons of firewood for the lovely lady.

it all must come down to the customer, hence all the pollards up here.

Arb Boa was developed by the same guy who first brought us cobra, so if you look at the cobra site they have english instructions on its use, and the splice dimentions etc are very similar.

the flat insert is to flatern the rope profile befor inserting it in to the sheath the flat insert can be cut down and whants to be The appropriate length of the insert is the circumference of stem/branch. At at distance of the branch circumference plus 20 cm (8") from the end of the rope. Compress the rope and insert the expansion insert into the rope.

at bts training we are one of very few centers to offer training in flexable support systems, and also mentored instalations etc.

as for what is the point of bracing well when i have a little longer we can chat about that as there are basically 3 main resons.

you can fins out moor about that too on bracing cource

cheers all

kevin moore

stronger than before you brace it or stronger than when it was at its healthiest. And if it does fail after being braced,who is responsible?

We take on liability when we prune a tree, "admitting" those branches were removed because the tree had a problem. A tree hazard is defined as a level of tree risk greater than the owner is willing to tolerate.

Hazard trees are managed by lessening—reducing, mitigating--the risk they pose, either by removal or by arboricultural treatments, to a level that the owner accepts.

Reducing or supporting defective branches, propping or bracing defective trunks, guying trees with defective root systems; all these and more arboricultural activities can be recommended and practiced free of liability concerns. So long as you work to current industry best practice.