Hitch Hiker thread.

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of questions, I'm on a 13mm, little bit fluffy xtc rope, will it make as much difference to how it flows getting a thinner rope as I imagine it will? And, I was going to get some kernmaster but I think if like something I can use drt too, what would be best? Thanks all 😃

hey bud,

I've been using my hh on yale blue tongue which is 11.7mm, I've just ordered kernmaster as I wanted a second rope for access and something I can use for srtwp, and ordered it over hedera purely because its orange not green! but the hh works lovely on my blue tongue, it does have a fair bit of stretch in it but I find i'm able to pull most of it out before I head upwards and feels almost like a static rope once you've a bit of weight under you...I had a few climbs on velocity as I was gonna buy it as my first 'thin' rope, which I did like but it killed my hands, 11.7 rope is a nice medium, I should be easier to get to grips (scuse the pun!) with the 11mm kern now, hope this helps:001_smile:

Thanks for the info nifty. I think I am tempted with the kern, if I keep on relying on having something I can use Drt then it'll take long to full transverse across to srt. I remember Adam saying to me the only way he became at one with srt after a lot of swapping between the two, was to leave his drt kit at home. I certainly can't afford to buy two ropes so I think the hand killers going to be the one, hopefully it'll push me in the right direction 😀.

It'll be interesting to hear how you get on so keep us posted!

Regarding the stitched eyes, like Adam I just do the by hand. I use 70lb fish braid so they don't fall apart to quickly.

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1382390893.619050.jpg.d965aeeee9e8603459897a49880c52b8.jpg

Cheers for the info Adam and the pics gerbutt, I'll make one up for myself this weekend:)

srt is moving slow for me, the boss doesn't understand why i don't use a prussic to the first branch and free climb up to my anchor! Just the sight of the throwbag sends him mental! He's all good though pure sound despite his ***** ways, and he's lettin me do my thing more now that he sees the works gettin done all the same:)