Hitch Hiker thread.

In my case the tending tether has tight eyes around the biner, this and the loop means it acts as a stopper on the spine side.

Yes I could just stitch another one up with a tight eye!! Thanks tony

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk Mobile App

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I've already had that happen tony, the one I made is loads shorter than the top of the heat sink but some how still managed to get stuck over the top, took me a while to get it of to, so tighter eyes and a little shorter :) thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk Mobile App

I've done away with the tending tether as I clip into the bridge ring now instead.

I got some little red biner corner traps from Honey Brothers. About 80p each, a tight fit, seem strong and hold the Oxan biner firmly on the bridge ring.

It's a much better and safer way.

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

I've done away with the tending tether as I clip into the bridge ring now instead.

I got some little red biner corner traps from Honey Brothers. About 80p each, a tight fit, seem strong and hold the Oxan biner firmly on the bridge ring.

It's a much better and safer way.

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

Hi OMTC, can you expand on the reasons its better and safer?

I tried advancing from the bridge ring but had alot of flop requiring manual setting at the end of each ascent. I would be interested in a pic of your set up.

If you have the Oxan captured on your bridge ring is there still not a risk of it disorientating in the HH (sideloading) when not loaded?

Just trying to get my head around it mate.

Cheers,

Tony

I'll post a photo tomorrow guys.

In the mean time, The corner trap holds the Oxan firm against the bridge ring so this end is straight. Of course, the Oxan can still rotate in the HH but I found that if one end is held firm, the other end doesn't move nearly as much.

Therefore, the whole thing, bridge ring - Oxan - HH, is held in line more easily and so it has a reduced chance of cross loading.

When i used to clip into a a progress loop that I put on the HH I found that the loop got pulled more on one side. This is because the chest harness biner is sideways so it tries to turn the loop and HH a bit. Progress up the rope was not always free so I went to the bridge ring instead. Sure, I have to manually advance the HH that last little bit but I don't worry about that.