Cold Event

peckerwoo

Excellent! Can't stand this mushy, rainy rubbish we've had thus far. Even though snow makes work tricky, I'd rather that to 6 degrees and raining.

Thanks for the update!

here here :thumbup1:

With the weather being so important to us all I think you should have a special forecasting page on Arbtalk.

Vote for that :thumbup1:

...last year sometime I think you were the poster who reccomended the Norwegian weather forecasting site (yr.no). I have used it ever since - it has been excellent for the North Wales area.

Many thanks

Bob

link? :biggrin::001_smile::thumbup:

...last year sometime I think you were the poster who reccomended the Norwegian weather forecasting site (yr.no). I have used it ever since - it has been excellent for the North Wales area.

Many thanks

Bob

Hi Bob,

I can`t recall specifically? but This link to the yr.no site is a very good rolling satellite cloud animation of our part of the world & updated within an hour of the actual time and can be an ideal tool to monitor precipitation and low level cloud incursions that would otherwise be difficult to see on raintoday and meteosat etc.?

The bigger news however is a clear and definite downturn on the potential of the colder pattern, maybe a trained/learning eye can see via the sat sequence above where the previously mentioned "block" has succumbed to the energy squeezing out the high pressure to our NW?

Last week the models showed high agreement in placing an elongated ridge from Svaalbard running south all the way to the Azores but I was fearful yet didn`t mention no Warm Air Advection (WAA) west of Greenland nor a benign slack area for Shortwaves to unfold around Iceland?

Now I`m not saying the Atlantic is going to bust through full force but it`s now clear the opportunity to tap into any continental or straight polar air mass looks to have gone?

Polar maritime flows mixed in with a light trough (low frontal rain band) crossing the UK late Sunday/early Monday will see our temps slightly below avg. with moderate overnight frosts where clear skies occur but theirs a slight chance some higher Northern areas may see some wintry light falls through friday/Sat as a disorganised filling/diverging Low pressure affects us from the North?

Drier at least! compared to recent times but Winter`s not here just yet with little "clear" signs of anything truly seasonal but It`s early days,,,

(16th to 20th Dec for the "bookie-busting" white xmas flutter :wink:)

Edited by peckerwoo

Hi Bob,

I can`t recall specifically? but This link to the yr.no site is a very good rolling satellite cloud animation of our part of the world & updated within an hour of the actual time and can be an ideal tool to monitor precipitation and low level cloud incursions that would otherwise be difficult to see on raintoday and meteosat etc.?

Hi Peckerwoo

Thanks for the update and the link to the satallite on that site is excellent. Easier to read and excellent animation. :thumbup1: