sj 2.1 or zigzag

burrell_

i've had all the toys, want to stick to rope so its always there and not an issue with mechanical failure.

I think that one day the right knot/s and the correct matching of prussic diameter and type to line is going to be the answer.

I can't see it to be honest I think mechanical is the future. No matter what knot you do it will work one day then the next it will play up.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've had all the toys, want to stick to rope so its always there and not an issue with mechanical failure.

I think that one day the right knot/s and the correct matching of prussic diameter and type to line is going to be the answer.

Your where I was at 4 years ago, thought hitch cord was the answer to everything... New hitch I'll invent, recognition I'll get..... Pave the way to new ways:001_rolleyes:

There are too many variables now when it comes to types of rope, types of cord and types of knot to get consistent results that supersede what good things are already out there, and, peoples own preferences....:biggrin:

Sent from my Galaxy S2

I can't see it to be honest I think mechanical is the future. No matter what knot you do it will work one day then the next it will play up.

Totally agree bro. i prefer hitch cord at the moment but can see it being replaced by mechanicals in the future-uni, sj lj, zig zag, dogbone etc theres too many out there now to just ignore them as a fad. and the H&S people will love mechanicals over rope on rope as less variables.

But for now, its RW and hitch cord for me

Depends what your doing in descent I disagree Id say a sj is smoother all day long but limb walking is a different story they can both be as good as each other. Coming from a user of both.

I don't have enough experience using a SJ to respond to that but I'm currently on a truck with 2 SJ users doing the big stuff on the contract out here and they are both awesome on them. Personal preferance is the only thing that stops me from wanting to use the SJ, from the times I have used one I'd say its not for me, but if people ask I'd say its an awesome bit of kit :thumbup1:

How do you get on using the wrench when contracting to the orange brigade Drew? Does the ban still apply?

Any idea why Asplundh won't let us use the RW? Has there been an accident with one or are they just against the principal?

We use SRT access lines all the time and they are totally fine with that.

I'm not sure how I'd feel work climbing on srt knowing that ground staff are swinging saws around on the deck, close to the critical base anchor. 1 nip of that rope and your history.

Your where I was at 4 years ago, thought hitch cord was the answer to everything... New hitch I'll invent, recognition I'll get..... Pave the way to new ways:001_rolleyes:

There are too many variables now when it comes to types of rope, types of cord and types of knot to get consistent results that supersede what good things are already out there, and, peoples own preferences....:biggrin:

Sent from my Galaxy S2

Tested my 'cocktail' knot today, it does not jam, even with after impact drops, holds fast everytime, sometimes needs a push when ascending to lock off, best knot I have ever used with 8mm viper on 13mm yale.