which spider jack

Johny Walker

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how would you rate them side by side

If you are close to a fair size branch say 6"+ with the Velcro the rope would force its way out the Velcro. With the dyneema it just moved the carabiner. And if the branch was big enough, the rope wouldn't feed into the sj properly and it would slip. That can still happen but it's very difficult to do so.

Changeovers are easy. One carabiner for your splice. Held upright by the rubber grommet on the dyneema so always ready to go.

I can,t believe i,m reading this thread!...the Great Mr Walker,my old Boss and oldskool master climber moving into the 21st century!:lol: i thought you would never move away from a prussick:thumbup: GOOD FOR YOU MATE! once you get used to it Johny you will love it...saves so much energy....Get a Spiderjack 2.1 Dyneema......End of story....keep us posted :001_smile: Here is mine set up with 11.7 mm Yale "blue tounge"...only takes a few climbs then you,ll NEVER look back...

59766261d43e5_spiderjackpart1017.jpg.4f69ba62fc4f633a44f42bef507cd911.jpg

Hey sj with dyneema and samson velocity 11mm u wont regret it at gor fast accents try a foot ascender with the system i use all this and home made rope guide which is just a cambium saver with a pulley attached with a crab hope this wasnt too much info

Sam get ya self a mallion with loctite Instead of a krab.

i use the dynema kit only tried the velcro once and it seems fiddely and i dont think it would last 5 mins! also its lots easier and quicker to clip into a crab on the dynema. i use a petzl cambium saver at the moment. and as for rope i tried 13 mm but it wouldnt self tend at all so i swapped to 11.5mm tachyon and it runs through like a dream well worth the money :thumbup1: