Navara Problem

Brushcutter

Hi

I have a 07 plate Navara d/c outlaw which is giving me problems. This one is become more frequent. You start it and it just stalls, almost a if it's not reving high enough so it just stalls. To actually make it start you have to start it and give it a boot full and then it runs.

Anybody else had issues like this?

Cheers

Andy

yes had the same problem with our old 56 plate , it turned out to be a problem with the electronic side of the injector system and incorporated the throttle system as well . in the end we got shot of it because no matter what the main dealer did to try to fix the problem it would re occur in a few weeks !!!!!

I have a 58 Plate Aventura and it is undeniably the biggest piece of shite i've ever had the misfortune of owning - i only bought it as a tax dodge.

I was told all the post 56 problems had been sorted but they weren't.

From new it smoked so bad under normal driving conditions that i could lose an artic behind me in the smoke, but under free acceleration test on the dealer's mot machine it was clean as a whistle. 2.5k oil pressure switch went (dealer insisted rac tow job), 3.5k ignition barrel went, by this time the finish had flaked on the cab top/ side step carriers/ diesel cap lock. By 15k the entire drive train had disintegrated (main centre bearing/ half shafts/ wheel bearings etc.) and the vehicle hadn't even been worked....Steering wheel finish all rubbed off. All speakers replaced twice.

19k horn stopped working - wires corroded so badly they would pass 12v but not enough current to make a sound. Tyres had worn out by now. Average about town 25mpg, 28 on motorway so chipped with the same company i've used with brilliant results on my car and it smoked to the point of going into limp mode before leaving first gear.

25k, chassis heavily corroded to an alarming state.

30k, clutch disintegrated after first 500 miles of work (towing), took with it the Dual Mass Flywheel. I'm told DMF are not to be used for heavy loads or towing, so why put one in a supposedly commercial vehicle? (Nissan now supply all new Navs with SMF).

Replaced it myself with a single mass conversion and clutch kit - much happier as back to a proper feeling clutch that works.

36k just failed second mot on weeping shocks and blowing exhaust flexi joint - 4 years old........

Just look at the paint and it's scratched - there's no quality to it in any department.

Load carrying - put it's rated load on and you're on the bump stops and bending the chassis.

All these vehicles are good for is lowering your tax bill and carrying a surfboard :blushing:, my old Disco would pull it backwards up a hill (200tdi towed better than 300)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

<<RANT OVER>>

Anybody else had issues like this?

No, not as yet i'm afraid :blushing:, sorry couldn't help........

yes had the same problem with our old 56 plate , it turned out to be a problem with the electronic side of the injector system and incorporated the throttle system as well . in the end we got shot of it because no matter what the main dealer did to try to fix the problem it would re occur in a few weeks !!!!!

This is what i feared. How much am i looking at parting with for them to do something with it.

I've had it for nearly 2 years i think I've had new breaks new front prop uj front and back. Now i need new brakes again after about 5 months.

Navaras are a giant sack of shite as far as work vehicles go. Nissan rely on the fact that most self employed people don't have the time or energy to fight with them to get issues resolved. I fall into that camp. My 11 plate plods along, showing 4wd faults fairly frequently, as well as clunking merrily from the front right. They can't find the issue (fitters, not mechanics) so I'll wait until the wheel falls off and sue them!

Try changing the fuel filter! Nissan couldn't cure our 08 plate. Went in 6 times for cutting out and poor running. In the end I went over and changed the filter in front of there showroom. Amazingly it cured it. Nissan backup is very poor. Ours has had several issues that I've needed to get angry over to get sorted. Won't be buying again. Defenders all the way!!

:o oh god. Thats a fortune.

Better start looking at isuzu.

I have a customer who's clutch went on his 59 plate isuzu at 30k miles.

I think whatever euro pickup you buy they just aren't up to the job, my 09 ranger is the biggest bag of shite I have ever owned, I am now sick to death of electronics on trucks which is partly why I am totally rebuilding a 130 300tdi defender at least when it does go wrong I can understand/work on it.