Show us your log splitters

D A Tree Surgeons

Here is my old splitter made 20 or so years ago and still going strong!! Health and safety may not like it!! also the new 60 ton splitter that at the moment has a lump of spruce jammed in the blade!! so some redesign of the blade needed.

In very good looking nick for a 20 yr old. Are the two rams on the same circuit, so that as one pushes the other pulls back and vice versa? The 60 is some lump of steel, very nice as well, must be a few tonne of steel in that. ANy vids knocking about of either?

i use processor for small stuff,then the big bits go through the 30 to splitmaster in 4 foot length untill they fit in processor.the major 14 ton machine is good for knotty and twisted lumps,and on site use.not the extended bottom plate ..why do manufactures give you foot square plates to work with ?:laugh1:

[ATTACH]155491[/ATTACH][ATTACH]155492[/ATTACH]here's my splitter. Bought it off eBay and it was rubbish on the hydraulics. So I welded it on to an old bomford farm trim hedge trimmer and run it off the pto. She's an animal now.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk mobile app

I was thinking of doing something similar:thumbup1:

What P.T.O speed do you run at ,and what is the cycle time ?

Heres some of mine, just running up before delivery with the old yard tractor ! 6 cylinders are much better than 4 don't you think ?

Intersting thread, just a word of advise, if you want splitting power, don't buy machines powered from the tractors hydraulics:thumbdown:, pay the little bit extra for PTO then any old tractor will make it do a proper job, as my late 40's tractor is proving here, if it's a decent splitter it's likely to out last you so might as well have a proper job.:thumbup::

My input for whats it's worth, probably not a great deal ?

attachment.php?attachmentid=669&d=1379538221

In very good looking nick for a 20 yr old. Are the two rams on the same circuit, so that as one pushes the other pulls back and vice versa? The 60 is some lump of steel, very nice as well, must be a few tonne of steel in that. ANy vids knocking about of either?

I'll be splitting some beech in the next week or so so i'll see if I can get a video of the old one working, Also I repainted it a couple of years ago as the various repairs/modifications over the years were looking scabby!! The big one is under modification at the moment to stop the logs jamming in the blade. but your right it weighs a good 2 tons so if I cant get it to work at least it'll be worth something:thumbup: I have a video of the big one but not sure where to post!

The big one is under modification at the moment to stop the logs jamming in the blade. but your right it weighs a good 2 tons so if I cant get it to work at least it'll be worth something:thumbup: I have a video of the big one but not sure where to post!

i had the same problems. have to have the blades the correct distance apart to let the logs open as they split. i almost put mine to thainstone auction just about had enough!

i had the same problems. have to have the blades the correct distance apart to let the logs open as they split. i almost put mine to thainstone auction just about had enough!

Hi mate youl have to let me know next time your at Thainstone and I might even buy you a brew. Be fine to meet a fellow arb talker

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App