business banking

Dr.Green

Try santander its free buisness banking but a bit of a pain is you can only pay in at a cash machine using their envelopes which you have to queue for and then they only give you a couple ! A friend of mine is with lloyds and he was going to change over until the manager said he'd waive the charges mind due he banks about 250k a year !

ive used santander for a few yrs now and had no problems - be aware you can post in any post box and can send off for envalopes

wouldnt use them for personal account

Lloyds - yeh finished with them along time ago

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How else do you think they make their money? You don't work for free and neither do the banks. It's also tax deductible so don't stress. The experience I had with free banking was Micky mouse service.

had on a second ,so its 'ok; to charges 89p per 100quid paid in (cash), and same again to take it out. thats a piss take.

they make money from the cash in my and everybodys account without charging us.

a flat monthly fee would be better

had on a second ,so its 'ok; to charges 89p per 100quid paid in (cash), and same again to take it out. thats a piss take.

they make money from the cash in my and everybodys account without charging us.

a flat monthly fee would be better

Did you ask what the charges would be after the free 18 month period before you joined? If you did then you can't be cheesed off now as you knew the charges would kick in after 18 months, if you didn't ask then you should have.

When I joined my bank I asked what the charges would be and I accepted them because I have a face to deal with not some call center. Why not talk to the bank and ask about the charges and tell them your not happy and see what happens.

knew they charged for putting cash in as ran garage with my brother , and always heard him having a rant -- now i reliese why he didnt like paying in cash and preferd debit cards n chqs

problem with banks these days u go in , and the business manager is based all the way down south in another branch.

i will be going in for a bit crack , but always good to put feelers out for others opinions on wheres the best deal..

Are your cheques in you name or a company name. I've been with lloyds tsb for years on a personal account with no problem (only have cheques in my name). They did say the only problem doing it this way is if i go bankrupt you risk everthing

So who would come and cut my trees free for 18 months? And be available to do it all day every day?? Thought so.

Banks are a retail business just like everyone else and therefore charge for their services. Having worked in one for 23 years up until 2009 I know all the arguments from both sides. Those of you using your personal account run the risk of having your account closed due to breeching the terms and conditions you originally signed up to. If you ever want business finance you may well struggle if you only use your personal account.

As some of the more level headed people have stated, go in to your bank and ask what the charges are and if they can help you reduce them. If you are not happy then take action and change banks, there's plenty out there but think about what you want from a bank - readily available branches (I can count about 15 branches of my bank I could use in a 30 mile radius of home); a business manager you can talk to on their direct line or arrange a face to face meeting with; on line facilities; cash points available; only pay in when you have enough to make it worthwhile ie. don't bank ten individual cheques, save them up and bank them once a week or fortnight if you can afford to do so.

If the government get there way and force the banks to separate their investment arms from their retail sectors, I can see charges for personal customers coming in as the retail sectors profits lag way behind the investment arms.