street tree pruning price (help for coursework pllllease)

APC

Hello!

I'm doing a piece of coursework at the moment which is requiring me to provide a report condemning an avenue of limes. While writing this, I've found myself asking how much it costs, on average, to prune on 3 yearly cycles. I have not priced stuff like this before and I don't want to start a big arguement about too cheap/too expensive etc. But does anyone have a rough idea on how much Richmond would be billed per tree for some fellas like this:

522402_10151123321453372_1738312538_n.jpg

I am kind of thinking somewhere between £150-200 per lime, per 3 years. This isn't even critical to the report but it's got me thinking.

Many thanks for your help!

it all depends on whether you have a term maintenance contract or not, individual one off jobs are more expensive than if you have a schedule of rates. but your probably looking around £80-100 per tree to repollard every few years, if not on a schedule of rates it will be higher.

I reckon you could easily lose a pile of money doing this job.

Time wasted = moaning car owners, home owners, pedestrians (waiting/down time) clearing up....the list goes on.

In my book, if you pollard and charge £150, then there's another £75 to remove waste, sweep and clear the mess, pack away and drive home.

There are loads of variables to try and profit from a job like this, and councils are always trying to get the best price.

It's mainly all on DBH of trunk, and on the odd occasion it's billed as hours on a agreed or decided rate by the contractor, but everyone moans about SOR's but how many grit their teeth and really appreciated all of the sweet jobs... Look and book and token cuts so to speak, and sweet priced jobs all great at the time but do you really appreciate them, it's swings and roundabouts!

Main thing is covering running costs and making profit on an average daily basis consistantly which would create a float so a cosistant profit can be attained from every job. Therefore the crappy jobs would/ will not be a such a sore loss to the gang in question or company as it would get made up along the line.

The beauty of doing good prices and work go's way up the line to the management and company's overall ability to cope with all work mega efficiently as to increase the 'high turnover low profit' margines.

Hope this helps your coursework it's very hard to price unless the various factors for that tender are given to you to make a judgement based upon the facts, for coursework this would be unlikely.

Tom

It's mainly all on DBH of trunk, and on the odd occasion it's billed as hours on a agreed or decided rate by the contractor, but everyone moans about SOR's but how many grit their teeth and really appreciated all of the sweet jobs... Look and book and token cuts so to speak, and sweet priced jobs all great at the time but do you really appreciate them, it's swings and roundabouts!

Main thing is covering running costs and making profit on an average daily basis consistantly which would create a float so a cosistant profit can be attained from every job. Therefore the crappy jobs would/ will not be a such a sore loss to the gang in question or company as it would get made up along the line.

The beauty of doing good prices and work go's way up the line to the management and company's overall ability to cope with all work mega efficiently as to increase the 'high turnover low profit' margines.

Hope this helps your coursework it's very hard to price unless the various factors for that tender are given to you to make a judgement based upon the facts, for coursework this would be unlikely.

Tom

:thumbup1: