Husqvarna T536 Li XP

Treespotter

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday morning I felled a 30 inch dbh birch tree and pruned one of the last birch trees for this season. The tree was reduces nicely by a colleague about ten years ago.

The day before my mate used the saw for a moment to try it and today I used the same battery up in the birch.

It took me about one and a half hours to prune the tree back to about the same size it was ten years ago.

No handsaw cuts where made except for three very small ones (it's hard to kick the habit).

When I was finished three out of all four led lights went on when checking the battery charge.

I used the 14m/s modus the whole time and that did the job like a gem.

On my 536 I have a 10 inch 1/4 carving bar.

For pruning jobs there's definitively NOT going to be a petrol powered chainsaw on my harness any more. Maybe even the Silky will be tossed out.

I charged my Dolmar battery’s at home at night and when they where flat I took out the 192. As an addition to the Husqvarna chainsaw I will probably buy a complete set battery hedge trimmer including two more battery's. Four of those power packs will get me through a days work while leaving the charger at home. :thumbup1:

I've only ever had a quick demo of an electric saw in the shop, but was really impressed. For pruning work these look great, allow lots of communication between ground and tree. If a car charger is available and battery life is good these must be the way forward. Also with the battery, it's only running when your finger is on the trigger, there is no lost fuel when its idling like a petrol saw. Also, starts every time you put your finger on the trigger, unlike pulling the chord on a petrol (until the electrics mess up)

• 3 weeks later...