• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

here we go again!!!

i love this topic!!!

i sell my logs in 1 cubic meter bags i.e 1000 litres 1m3 100cm x 100cm x 100cm 1m3

the logs are loose filled in the bags so theres logs & air space the customer is buying the bag they see no more no less if they want 2 cubic meters its 2 bags

if they thought it was going to be bigger or they ordered 2 cubic meters & expected 2 meters cubed i.e 8 cubic meters then they dont have to buy them & theres no hard feelings there number is stored in my phone under timewaster & i wont deal with them again

but even delivering in 1 cubic meter bags can have problems

i have just delivered to a chap last week who called me up an hour after i had delivered his logs to say i had short changed him & the cubic meter of logs was not a full cubic meter as when he had stacked it in his 1 cubic meter log store it was not full!

and the week before i delivered to another guy who rang me back the next day to say the logs i had delivered him were no good as they were 2 feet long & would not fit in his stove

even though i only cut logs upto 12 inch with an average of 8-9 inch

i went to have a look & he had some form of micro stove which you could only get a 5 1/2 inch log in

tounge in cheek i suggested he invest in a chop saw!!

he was not happy when i said i wanted double the money for tiny logs!!!!

here we go again!!!

i love this topic!!!

i sell my logs in 1 cubic meter bags i.e 1000 litres 1m3 100cm x 100cm x 100cm 1m3

the logs are loose filled in the bags so theres logs & air space the customer is buying the bag they see no more no less if they want 2 cubic meters its 2 bags

if they thought it was going to be bigger or they ordered 2 cubic meters & expected 2 meters cubed i.e 8 cubic meters then they dont have to buy them & theres no hard feelings there number is stored in my phone under timewaster & i wont deal with them again

but even delivering in 1 cubic meter bags can have problems

i have just delivered to a chap last week who called me up an hour after i had delivered his logs to say i had short changed him & the cubic meter of logs was not a full cubic meter as when he had stacked it in his 1 cubic meter log store it was not full!

and the week before i delivered to another guy who rang me back the next day to say the logs i had delivered him were no good as they were 2 feet long & would not fit in his stove

even though i only cut logs upto 12 inch with an average of 8-9 inch

i went to have a look & he had some form of micro stove which you could only get a 5 1/2 inch log in

tounge in cheek i suggested he invest in a chop saw!!

he was not happy when i said i wanted double the money for tiny logs!!!!

Why would you want double the money:confused1:Do you not ask what size logs they have had in the past it saves so much hassle

Sorry, mate, but it doesn't :-(

"2 metres cubed" means 2mx2mx2m, which is 8 lots of 1mx1mx1m, generally written 8m3.

"2 cubic metres" means 2 lots of 1mx1mx1m, which is 2m3.

(I know there have been a zillion alternatives put on this thread, and they're all different, but would you believe me if I said I had a degree in maths?!)

Back to the original posting: either the customer was as confused as half of us here, or he was taking the mickey. My money's on the latter... :thumbdown:

I get it too now, was sooo confused, have not even got maths gcse so really gave me a headache reading this thread!

I Like this thread, got the customer who thinks the 3 m3 load should stack in a 3m cube, Notdelivered loose/bagged it does'nt!

mostly people seem suprised how much they get and panic about where it will fit, most garden centre type log stores are too small.

Why would you want double the money:confused1:Do you not ask what size logs they have had in the past it saves so much hassle

where i`m based about 96% of my customers have 5kw stoves the other 4% have the likes of 16kw stoves

i just cut all my logs to between 8-12 inches all of which i know full well will fit in my 5kw stove so i know they will fit in any other stove of 5kw or above & they fit nicely on an open fire too!! it saves me time & hassle i work out of a small yard so it is easier for me to just do one size range of logs it has worked well for the last 16 years

i wanted double the money as i had to hand ball them back on the truck take em back to base & run them one at a time through the circular saw then deliver them back so i wanted the same amount of money again for doing all that!

plus the guy was quite arsey about it if he had been sound i would probs not have charged him anything near double but when the guy calls me & says the logs are all 2 feet long & are not seasoned as they are 18% moisture & they should be at the most 6%

i just did not want to deal with him i know what my logs are like & non of them are 2feet long!!!!!