Husky 550XP

axman

I am on my second 550 now. The first one went back to the dealer twice - had new inlet manifold, carb kit, inlet gasket, crank seal, and then husky replaced it. Had the second one for a week and the same bogging issue as the first saw started. Took it back to the dealer and it had a new carb and ignition coil and the software update (already mentioned in this thread). Guess what? It still bogs, not as much but very irritating especially when snedding.

It's a shame because it is a cracker of a saw when running well. I have never had a problem starting it, and have always run through the auto tune set up by cutting 3-5 rings flat out when the saw is warm. Balance and weight is great.

Should've stuck with the 346..

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought my 550 just before it was "out" in early spring and its been faultless. The only issue I've had is that it got shipped with a faulty air filter but a quick call to Mr jones and the replacement was there the next day. I use mine mainly for hedgelaying so turning it on and off every other minute and have not had any issues with starting, idling or anything.

I bought my 550 just before it was "out" in early spring and its been faultless. The only issue I've had is that it got shipped with a faulty air filter but a quick call to Mr jones and the replacement was there the next day. I use mine mainly for hedgelaying so turning it on and off every other minute and have not had any issues with starting, idling or anything.

Wonder if our two were pre-production or just a different batch?

It seems to me there may be a QC problem with 560 550 saws as there are so many varying reports . Some people haven't got a bad word to say about them and others are on their second or third saw . I realize some will be in forestry and get hammered day in day out were others will be occasional use and every thing in between . Husqvarna are in danger of shooting themselves ( anywhere ) if they don't get it sorted soon . As others have said absolutely stonking saws when running right . Problem is not all of them do .

I am surprised that you are unaware of Husky 365xp,it is the buisness

365 is an older saw . 365 special is a 365 with a 372 bottom end making it a go for ever type of saw as it is sorta over engineered . Very dependable . There is a new X torque but I don't think there is a high revving XP . I could be wrong !