Well, wild wood was rubbish so........

normandylumberjack

P.S. forgot to mention, that would have taken me one morning if that. Thats to fell the tree, skid it and then process it at a suitable vehicle collection point. Oh and have a cup of tea, look at the veiw and take pictures for facebook :thumbup: I do quite like watching the programme though, different locations, different theories and different uses of timber. One thing though, i defo wont be picking up any handy tips on how to do forestry work. All in all its a pleasant half an hour with a cup of tea.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the way he cut all the way through the back cut. I always thought that if you hang a tree up you have to deal with it or as a last resort if you have to leave it you should cordon the area off. Think it goes to show a little knowledge can be dangerous in the wrong hands

Pablo the "Spanish Expert" certainly gets my vote for ponytail of the year.

Spikes !!!!! WTF for ?

As said above, just knock out the smaller one its hung up on !!!!

Health and Safety blokes must have been laughing themselves silly

I hope that's sarcasm. Either that or you must have a hard head.

:sneaky2:

Looking at this from an owners point of view(sorry), we are always advised not to do this sort of thing ourselves but to get 2-3 quotes and references before we risk having someone in to potentially trash our little paradise.

Also, I would have contacted the potential customers first: to see what was actually in demand, rather than just fell a tree that took my fancy and then complain if they wanted timber from another specimen.

If I can only get £3/cubic metre of furniture grade Ash then I will continue using all of mine for firewood; C. fraxinea permitting of course.

I'm sure we've all got the odd tree hung up before! Pablo was just unlucky that it happened while the cameras were on him.

Not sure about the spikes though....I bet the TV guys just asked him to put on as much gear as possible for effect.

I don't know any arborist that has appeared on TV and come off well.

Do you not think the spikes were on there as he might have had to spike the tree..?

There was a small gopro or similar on the trunk. As the tree didnt go down all too well they didnt used much of the footage. When they dragged the sucker out it was plain to see.

Maybe there was a simple explanation for the spikes.