What do you charge for bulk bags of logs??

jnoon

Ive Been doing logs for a while, started with bulk bags(dumpy bags)

seasoned split logs 10/12" long

mixed hard wood/soft wood for £40.00 delivered.

Been asking around, and it seems far to cheap

most people are £70ish for hard

and £50ish for soft

I was thinking of Changing my price to £60.00 per bag delivered.

just wondered what other people charge .

thanks

josh

Depends really what you are selling, if inconsistent length and diameters with un split logs in the bag then its a budget product.

I sell a cubic meter in a bag, split, consistent length and diameter, MC 13-16% at present, so a premium product, all Ash, Cherry, Beech or Sycamore, 115.50 for hard, 84 for soft including VAT. A builder bag is 80x80x80 so half a cube. I take the view that the delivery costs are the same for a half cube as a cube so it makes more sense to deliver a bigger bag and make more money.

If the prices on your post are for half cube I would suggest they are a bit high. I have people here selling budget from £60 per full cube. Mixed hard and soft on a 50/50 basis then 100 + VAT (105) would be fair for a cubic meter, so £50 for half a cube + VAT at 5%. Delivered free within 5 miles.

A

TOP PRODUCT 15 18 % MC any less it burns to quick 90 m3 dont do builders bags any more use to do them for 60£

Yes £60.00 seems ok, and i mean a heaped bulk bag, 800mm x 800mm x 800mm.

mi9xed roughly 80% hard 20% soft,

all consistent lengths and every log is split!

Depends really what you are selling, if inconsistent length and diameters with un split logs in the bag then its a budget product.

A

That is absolute nonsense. Logs of different shapes and diameters make for a more interesting and attractive fire and many people like a round log ( me included ). You just need to enquire what the maximum size of log the customers stove takes and ensure that you supply below that.

75 for a large bulk bag. People don't mind paying for a quality product. Seen some appalling loads being driven around lately! Don't sell cheap! All the hard work and sweat that goes into producing 1 load needs to be reflected in the price charged. I also purchase my cord so need to take that into account. If you get the wood free and sell it for peanuts then good on you, the customers won't care how long it took to produce. Needs to be more consistency between us all. There will allways be the odd side job bloke doing it for nought!