App to help track die back

benedmonds

I know I posted on other posts but thought it could do with a post of it's own..

AshTag is a free tool to help you do your bit to track the spread of the Ash ‘die back’ fungus and limit its impact. The development of AshTag has been led by the University of East Anglia's Adapt Low Carbon Group in partnership with the IAS.

ashtag.org

I know I posted on other posts but thought it could do with a post of it's own..

AshTag is a free tool to help you do your bit to track the spread of the Ash ‘die back’ fungus and limit its impact. The development of AshTag has been led by the University of East Anglia's Adapt Low Carbon Group in partnership with the IAS.

ashtag.org

How???????:confused1:

How???????:confused1:

It's a basic free app, which in my eyes will be very useful, all you do is take a photo of the tree you have identified to have the fungi, then add your location via GPS then click send,

There's a small identification piece in it to which may help with those who are not familiar with the disease.....

Be interesting to see if it works well.:thumbup1:

It's a basic free app, which in my eyes will be very useful, all you do is take a photo of the tree you have identified to have the fungi, then add your location via GPS then click send,

There's a small identification piece in it to which may help with those who are not familiar with the disease.....

Be interesting to see if it works well.:thumbup1:

I had hi-lighted the part of the post that said they were hoping to "limit the impact" of this decease, I keep hearing that plans are afoot to some how combat this decease, but I just don't see how?????????:confused1:

I am by nature very optimistic, but I am also a realist, thinking there is some way of stopping this seems most unrealistic, unless I'm missing something:confused1:

Our country is on its knees financially, if something can be done great, but I really hope we don't waste money doing stuff thats of no help, just so we can say we tried :sneaky2:

Edited by skyhuck

More PR, listen, NOTHING is going to stop the spread of this disease but some will survive, a pathogen as a rule only takes out 90-95% of a population before either the host overcomes it or too few hosts starve the pathogen out.

There is always a few resistant hosts, but we will be missing many ash for many generations.

I had hi-lighted the part of the post that said they were hoping to "limit the impact" of this decease, I keep hearing that plans are afoot to some how combat this decease, but I just don't see how?????????:confused1:

I am by nature very optimistic, but I am also a realist, thinking there is some way of stopping this seems most unrealistic, unless I'm missing something:confused1:

Our country is on its knees financially, if something can be done great, but I really hope we don't waste money doing stuff thats of no help, just so we can say we tried :sneaky2:

Sorry huck I missed that....:thumbup1: