re. chinese woodchipper

axman

Just to put the record straight. Wallenstein equipment is designed,manufactured,assembled and QA'd in St Clements. Ontario. Canada

I am the sole UK importer.

Yes, there are Chinese copies out there of our machines and we are are well aware of them. They even copy our adverts word for word.

Question is why do you think they copied ours?

But they don't know how to heat treat the blades correctly and they may say CE, but believe me they are not..

If you want a CANADIAN built chipper call me.

Andrew

0114 254 7099

Edited by Andrew Chester

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buy british,i agree if it had been 30 years ago,when made in britain was made in britain,but the <managers>failed to look to the future,could not compete with overseas competition,so the politicians carved it up and sold it off.I run a defender Td5 and a Ford ranger neither are British

Fair point Roseyweb.....

I would not say that this thread is just about the motor though. Both us here at GreenMech and Timberwolf use Japanese engines as do a few other makes and that is because the overall package is good.

This thread started on the back of a comment about a woeful peice of kit made (badly) in China. I personally would always advise someone to buy "mainstream" rather than cheap!

A friend's father bought a Wartburg car back in the 70s, it fetched scrap money at three years after nothing but trouble. Even a Leyland Marina was worth a lot more!

If you are a professional, use professional......

Wartburg were an Eastern European car that were two stroke engined! They were simple awful but cheap... am I the only person here who is that old, that they can remember Warburg!!! Surely not....

Most of your age have now lost their marbles, that's why they don't remember :biggrin: