Rescuing cats.

Arborist

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rescued quite a few. The last one had been up there 6 days and the fire service had two attempts to get it down, the council tree gang had a go, a local contractor had a go and then the RSPCA rang us and we went.

It took me twenty minutes to get to it, managed to grab it (no collar so tricky not to drop it) and the damn thing wee'd on me!

Got it to the ground and it bolted across the road nearly getting squished!

Would have been ironic if it had got squished. The owner was chuffed to bits though so a happy ending.

A bit off topic not up a tree, but i had a cat coming in my house and pissing everywhere, managed to trap it one day in my lounge. Went to get a water pistol to give it a good soaking to scare it off, went back in and the little F***er bolted up the chimney. Now i feel really guilty as we could hear it near the top upstairs. We put food down and left the doors open but there was no sign of footprints the next day, so i called in a chimney sweep to see if he could nudge it out. F***ing thing must have come out in the night and not left marks. £50.00 down but it never came back.

You got wee'd on Kipperfeet and I got a slashed chin.

I was a bit concerned as to how the cat would react once I had reached it. It didn't try to climb any higher and I was able to lift her off.

I thought that I would struggle to put the cat into a cat basket but she went in straight away and lowered straight down to one very happy owner. :001_cool:

Edited by Arborist

me and my old business partner got called out by rspca for a cat up a tree.

It was young and couldn't figure out how to come down but could climb higher and from tree to tree (he was more like a squirrel). After we both chased it through various trees i cut off any branches he could get on to change tree. then pete rigged the little limb the moggy was on and cut it:001_tongue:

landed on his feet and ran off!:blushing:

I have also been out to rescue a pidgeon stuck in a tree by fishing gut, he was hanging upside down

Well I guess its the same as quoting for work. Each job is individual and is priced accordingly.

I was there about 30mins, the tree was were easy to climb and I got the cat down safely.

I charged £50 but as in the case of jamesw he would of had to charge more as the job took longer and needed 2x climbers plus some branch removal.

I would guess that the best and fairest way that you could turn up to this sort of job blind is to work out a fee for the first hour for say two people then an hourly rate for subsequent hours.

A bit off topic not up a tree, but i had a cat coming in my house and pissing everywhere, managed to trap it one day in my lounge. Went to get a water pistol to give it a good soaking to scare it off, went back in and the little F***er bolted up the chimney. Now i feel really guilty as we could hear it near the top upstairs. We put food down and left the doors open but there was no sign of footprints the next day, so i called in a chimney sweep to see if he could nudge it out. F***ing thing must have come out in the night and not left marks. £50.00 down but it never came back.

£50 down and I bet he sprayed everthing to get his own back:laugh1: