Small log burners

breffni

Should really be screeded not plastered for that reason. The only drawback with the Morso (and I am a Morso dealer) is the need to install with a liner. Nice neat stove.

A

That's the information I needed.. What does screeding involve?

I rekon Morso make some of the best stoves, had a squirel (another small stove) in last house, can't fault them, but you do pay for it!...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the information I needed.. What does screeding involve?

Sand & Cement.

Or if it's free standing and you have a normal plaster wall you could go for lime. Lime can take heat and will not give you the cracking you get with normal plaster, I have it behind this burner below and this is an 8kw stove a few inches from the wall.

DSC00051-1.jpg

You probably want something flasher but I saw these the other day and was pretty impressed with the concept

wood fire | Trade Me

Look pretty dodgy to me. Most stove these days are CE marked indicating they have undergone independent testing and reached certain agreed standards. The installer has a legal liability to check that the stove is suited to what the purchaser wants it to do and that it is of merchantable quality. The CE mark is agreed as an acceptable quality standard. Next year it is going to be a legal requirement that all stoves sold in the UK can genuine CE marking. Some stoves currently sold in the UK have not been tested, it is not an offence to buy/sell such a stove but installing one while not an offence (yet) but it does lay the installer legally wide open.

A

I rekon Morso make some of the best stoves, had a squirel (another small stove) in last house, can't fault them, but you do pay for it!...

They make what are arguably the finest stoves in the world, many last well over 30 years, they dont chop and change designs and parts for that 30 or 40 year old stove are still available. Yes they are more expensive to initially buy but the cost over the life of the products make then a very cost efficient choice when chinese stoves costing half as much only last 3 - 5 years on average.

A

• 8 months later...