Loading a rack.

Alycidon

Horses for courses,

for less than serious everday use by an owner operator, Riko stuff is fine ( a trifle tongue in cheek since I have never yet purchased any)

But it certainly looks fine:lol:

However for serious use and indeed possibly abuse by hired hands, I dont doubt that better engineering is available...........but at a possibly substantially higher purchase price.

For one I continue to be amazed by the amount of plain mild steel still used in many such fabrications, when far stronger and or harder (but more expensive) steels are now so readily available.

But as I said

"horses for courses"

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would like to say , horses for courses but when you buy some thing you do expect it to do a job and not spilt on the welds , horses for courses , so you would be happy with chains for a chain saw that kept on breaking mmm me thinks not as I say , when you buy and invest in a tool you do expect it to do what the sales people say it can do !!!

Albutt all the way built lime a brick sh:t house and made to last

Sniff, But that is from a truly professional POV.

I do not wish in any way to denigrate Riko's offerings, but to look at from an agricultural perspective.

One could buy a Fendt.

Or one could buy a TMY/Kiota?/Belarus cheapo tractor etc etc.

Obstensibly same product but different engineering.

However for a hobby user such as myself I dont need the Fendt spec, the Riko would well suffice.

But a

Prussian bred wife.

Antique furniture

Mercedes cars

Anschutz rifles

Stihl saws

Big Bacho adjustable spanners

Panosonic cordless tools.

Fortnum & Mason tea, Earl Grey (obviously & seriously!)

would indicate that I would probably settle for sommat more Posch.

PS

But proper Irish prete'tas:lol: (potatoes)

The pallet forks are made by a completely different company, in a completely different country to the equipment that David has had, so it is a little unfair to condemn it when he hasnt even seen a set before, let alone use them.

That said, if you prefer Albutt (and it is undeniably good stuff) I can sell that too (or is it rubbish becuase Riko sell it now?).:001_tongue:

Well for use as a log grab AND as a bag holder on the end of the conveyor for a single handed set up then the RIKO arms look like conventional fork lift arms which fit bag loops and work acceptably well as a log loader. The Riko can be in your shed for 1200 less members discount so maybe 1000/1050 + VAT. The Albutt looks a far stronger bit of kit but the arms are too thick for my bag loops and it will cost double. This is fine for a dedicated loader working 5 days a week loading a rack or similar but the Riko in my current set up would be more versatile.

Horses for courses really. Has anyone here had a bad time with the Riko log grab?, equally who else has used one and how have you got on with it?.

A

The pallet forks are made by a completely different company, in a completely different country to the equipment that David has had, so it is a little unfair to condemn it when he hasnt even seen a set before, let alone use them.

That said, if you prefer Albutt (and it is undeniably good stuff) I can sell that too (or is it rubbish becuase Riko sell it now?).:001_tongue:

Jim as I always say don't take it personally or get personal, you only work there . I have seen a set in action, looked at sone at the show and therefore based my decision on that comparison. Dont think i do not do my research before purchases, If riko sold albutt that would be a good thing, I may well of bought one from you but as the factory is just up the road I got it from there.