P/h rate of a stump grinder?

willburt

I try not to charge a hourly rate for anything we do. We charge what the jobs worth. A couple of hours felling and chipping up pines with $100,000 (50,000 pounds) worth of kit is a bit different to a couple of hours pruning someone’s camellias.

When it comes to stump grinding p/h rate, the answer as always is… as much as possible!

But for what its worth we have a wee pedestrian stump grinder we bought for $3500 inc GST. About 1750 pounds inc VAT. I spend every fri stump grinding by myself and make between $700-$800 + GST ( 350-400 pounds + GST)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same as ty, only got the rg13 at the mo so will do whatever I can with it unless its a big ugly multi stump on a banking then I might get a friends vermeer 252 for a day if I had a job or multiple jobs oss bigger stumps then and only then would I look at getting something bigger from say orange plant but its not just the hire price its the going to get it, taking it back, fuel in landy, lost time on site, tooth damage...

Sometimes it just works out quicker to take longer with a smaller machine!

Untill I can afford to get a bandit.. Forgot the model, the pedestrian with the pivoting top section? As was very impresed with it at the apf and think it would be the best balance of size and power for what we do.

Like I said earlier in this ramble if you have to hire in a grinder its will make your hrly rate much higher if you take into considertion all the costs so you would have to charge that on a per job basis.