School trips gone mad ?

born2trot

Local radio DJ said yesterday that a school in Aberdeen were going to Los Angeles for their annual school trip . Shocked at this , i told my wife when i got home .. she then went on to say her friend at works kids were going scuba diving to Trinidad for theirs !!!

Changed days indeed !

With so many things to do and see in the UK, it pains me to read this story where a school from Scotland would be willing to travel to the land of make believe for what?

Really pathetic IMO.

easy-lift guy

Have you been to scotland?...............

To get away from the midges of course:laugh1:

With so many things to do and see in the UK, it pains me to read this story where a school from Scotland would be willing to travel to the land of make believe for what?

Really pathetic IMO.

easy-lift guy

Spot on. IMO I think schools need to look closer to home for trips. A lot cheaper and easier. There is a lot to do in the uk now.

I would not want my kids to go to America without me. :biggrin:

Have you been to scotland?...............

To get away from the midges of course:laugh1:

No, but someday I hope to be able to:thumbup1:. My point is that there are so many beautiful wonderful places that I just recently wanted to see while visiting your fine land. That being said, the world is a very different place than it was when I was in school taking field trips. With the expense of living in California and the State so broke city and county governments offering IOU's as a form of payment for good and services, I suspect that if this school trip becomes a reality, it could well prove to be a living nightmare:thumbdown:

O well, live and learn.

easy-lift guy

Spot on. IMO I think schools need to look closer to home for trips. A lot cheaper and easier. There is a lot to do in the uk now.

I would not want my kids to go to America without me. :biggrin:

Not all parts of my country are like where certain folks want to go on a school trip:sneaky2: There are many places to see and things to experience here in America, bring your family and if you get a chance to visit the Sunshine state look me up for some southern hospitality :thumbup1:

easy-lift guy

No, but someday I hope to be able to:thumbup1:. My point is that there are so many beautiful wonderful places that I just recently wanted to see while visiting your fine land. That being said, the world is a very different place than it was when I was in school taking field trips. With the expense of living in California and the State so broke city and county governments offering IOU's as a form of payment for good and services, I suspect that if this school trip becomes a reality, it could well prove to be a living nightmare:thumbdown:

O well, live and learn.

easy-lift guy

I get what you mean, I live within a ten minute walk of the peak district national park and a five minute drive of an old roman fort, and a ton of industrial heritage on my doorstep but we dont appreciate what we see on a daily basis.

Maybe the school trip will help california a little, nothing like kids for disposable income.

I mean what I say about the midges though, they can make a fishing trip truly miserable if you arent prepared.