New Business! names??

Arb123

my boss is giving in the game due to back problems, so im going to be jobless :(! ive been landscaping and climbing for 3 years and hold 30 31 38 and 39.and have all my own tools. im going to take the jump to being self inployed! and just sub to a few companys ive worked for before to start with. need some ideas for a company name!? any ideas? different subject does anyone know if i can claim anything back for my truck and tools when my tax bill comes? evan thou i bought them last year? any other advise would be a great help!! thanks!

Straight away I thought is your boss selling up? Does he have a client list? If you can get his client list you basically have a start for a business. If it is available then you should be offering money for client bank, equipment or his work number for yourself. Hopefully you can get something.

Yes you can claim for your truck from a year ago.

As to names, I actually think in the arb world that using your name is better than picking a business name which sounds tree like? Especially if your new to the market as it helps to install confidence in people through transparency? If you do choose a name, try and take in your county name as it will help for local works too. And I think when advertising, having your name on any form of advert goes a long way and landline number in addition to a mobile number.

I've used my own name for 30 years but still wish I could hide under an anonymous- tangerine moon/ green dream style name as this would allow me to cover a wide range of work. if your name is too tree related then you look wrong doing fencing/ grass cutting and if your name is landscape then it looks a bit wrong when tree cutting.

I still haven't found a solution though something with solutions in it seems to work. Or maybe ..............

Definately get the client list and go round and introduce yourself possibly with your old boss in tow for authenticity. Maybe take a pressie.

You can't overestimate the value of regular clients over the years they will serve you well.

Oh ... and look after your back.