wellies

dent

Hi Jon ... I have a pair of the Dubarrys and so does my partner so I never get chance to wear mine because we look a right pair of t*ts if we go out in matching boots :biggrin:

It was the compulsory tweed mini skirt that put me off Dubarrys... I just haven't got the legs for it.

Chameau's are now three years old; well worn but still warm and no leaks. Zip puller broke off on both sides within weeks though.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was the compulsory tweed mini skirt that put me off Dubarrys... I just haven't got the legs for it.

Chameau's are now three years old; well worn but still warm and no leaks. Zip puller broke off on both sides within weeks though.

That's why I baggy trousers when I'm walking round the Game Fair....

I spend a lot of time in boots. I have tried many on the market. I found the old (dark green) La Chameau were brilliant they lasted me 8 years!! They were relatively light to wear and fitted my feet well. I was so impressed my family (adults) ended up with some. They have (since about 2009) changed the rubber, the crack around the ankle or wherever your foot forces a kink in the rubber. My pair of the newer style lasted 3 months another 2 months and the last pair just one month.

Muck boots (My current) I have found to be a little heavy but are robust and warm. I have had them for a year now and they are still like new. When I first tried them I noticed them pressing on my Achilles tendon but I don't notice it any more. They are a little noisy so are no so useful to those stalking people.

I found Hunter to quickly tear at the flexing of the ankle. They were cold and soon leaked on the seam.

Argles seem to have a good report from the people I know who have them. I have not tried these as yet.

I hope this helps :)

My zip puller broke on two pairs but Chameau`s after sales service was superb :thumbup1: and yes I did try the tweed mini skirt with my Dubarrys but I just didn`t have the legs for it so I left that to the other half :biggrin: