My Land Rover Defender 130

madmatt

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a chap (Alan Waters/ Wildwood Coppice) who has one of the high speed crane and trailer units. He tows it behind a Landy with a Ferrari bendy tractor loaded on the trailer.

:D It's great :D I wouldn't want to crunch around woodland brash and stumps with my road vehicle if I could help it.....

That sounds like what I was looking at..I wanted a Riko centre steer tractor to go on top of the trailer. The difficulty is getting enough work to service the finance and account for the depreciation. The problem round here is there are a few people running similar kit who are rich enough to buy stuff like this outright, so they can afford to run it for quite low rates. People like them tend to mop up most of the work.

I'll second the above comments about front tow hitches very usefull.

I was drooling over that trailer at the AA trade fair, I'd like one one day, can they be supplied without the power pack as I have a hydraulic PTO?

Why would you want it without a powerpack, that only makes it more versatile in my opinion.

I've worked with Dick, and can honestly say I found his 130 tipper just as practical as any 3.5t tranny type tipper, but even more flexible.

And coupled with the 110 and loader trailer an extremly usefull and effcient combo, especially as Dick makes full use of long lengths of cord for firewood production.

Nice to see you here Mr Robinson

Why would you want it without a powerpack, that only makes it more versatile in my opinion.

I've worked with Dick, and can honestly say I found his 130 tipper just as practical as any 3.5t tranny type tipper, but even more flexible.

And coupled with the 110 and loader trailer an extremly usefull and effcient combo, especially as Dick makes full use of long lengths of cord for firewood production.

Nice to see you here Mr Robinson

Why?! Because if I can ever afford to by one, my 130 is fitted with a full Pto driven hydraulic system, including several spool valves to the rear, it would only be towed by this vehicle, there is little point in dragging, two engines, two pumps, two hyd tanks etc around with me! plus take that lot off the trailer and it would give me more pay load.

Why?! Because if I can ever afford to by one, my 130 is fitted with a full Pto driven hydraulic system, including several spool valves to the rear, it would only be towed by this vehicle, there is little point in dragging, two engines, two pumps, two hyd tanks etc around with me! plus take that lot off the trailer and it would give me more pay load.

O.K point taken, I just found the engine and tank very small and compact I did'nt think it would give you to much extra payload without it from memory. At least with it you could run the trailer unattached to your Landy.