'Little' Shot

WorcsWuss

I was using it today, with 8oz throw bag. All you need to do is shorten the elastic tubing a bit so you get the full extent of the power. Also if the tree aint too hairy with epicormic growth you can get away with a lighter bag to get the extra height. If all that fails then as you say the pup should be happy. :thumbup:

I've shortened the elastic up a bit, going to pull it in a bit more.

I reckon that and my painting pole will do the trick....

Keep meaning to order a lighter throwbag.....

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Used it today and it does need some development work. But for firing pine-cones at the climber it's lethal :-) And its getting me fitter. 'Cos when he gets out the tree I have to run like stink.

Lighter throw bag is a definite and adjustment to the length of the rubber is next.

• 3 months later...

Success! Albeit moderate....

The throwbag was going nowhere, particularly vertically, so having seen these golf ball throw weights I thought I'd knock one up myself....

Drilled it out, tightened an m8 bolt through it, drilled through the nylon nut and thread and installed the strongest key ring I could find on the hooks....

I was as amazed as anyone to find it works.....

I think I can now put a bit of effort into refining the mounting on my painting pole to take out the flex in the ball collector part of the slingshot but all in all I have new faith in this odd looking contraption....

It actually fires it remarkably high and with pretty good accuracy....

image.jpg.469d3873014e99a66504f705d51e1334.jpg

Edited by WorcsWuss

WorcsWuss, I'm really interested to know how it bounces off branches if it hits one.

My Highball is really accurate but bounces like a mutha.

This can be accidentally advantageous or totally horrific!

In fact I'll try to film it on Wednesday and post it if its useful.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App