'Little' Shot

WorcsWuss

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Double bagging helps. and as the other guys have said practice

You beat me to it mate!! Definately buy two bags so you can isolate limbs.

Find a style that works for you as well. I'm crap throwing one handed whereas if I use the cradle method that Mark was talking about, I am merely rubbish.:blushing:

Practice practice practice!!!

I can't get on with the cradle method, I either hit myself in the face or throw it at the trunk.

I use the 'spinning cat' technique, otherwise known as 'runaway ferris wheel' style.

This does work for me but is more miss than hit.

I don't think a cube will help, I don't have a problem with it paying out of my storage bag, and friction burns are avoided by wearing gloves, I have the Petzl belay ones which are ideal for saving my pinkies from the agony that is polyprop napalm...

I know practice is the answer, but as a part timer it's a struggle to find the time to do the work, never mind practicing to do the work!

Oh, and definitely not ladders..... partly because if I was shelling out on ladders I just as well pish it up on a Big Shot....?!

I think I might buy another throwline, zing it or similar, and a lighter bag and try the catapult method. It'lll be a 25 quid experiment so nothing ventured really is it....

I bought the "Hyperdog" tennis ball slinshot. I use it with a modified throwbag which i stitched into a ball rather than a bullet shape which makes it easier to hold in the pouch. Works really well. Iv hit a 60ft branch first time with minimal effort. But as the others say it doesnt hurt to get out and practice. http://www.hyper-pet.com/hyperdog.html

I bought the "Hyperdog" tennis ball slinshot. I use it with a modified throwbag which i stitched into a ball rather than a bullet shape which makes it easier to hold in the pouch. Works really well. Iv hit a 60ft branch first time with minimal effort. But as the others say it doesnt hurt to get out and practice. Hyper Pet - HyperDog Ball Launchers

Now that looks like it has potential..... :thumbup1:

I bought the "Hyperdog" tennis ball slinshot. I use it with a modified throwbag which i stitched into a ball rather than a bullet shape which makes it easier to hold in the pouch. Works really well. Iv hit a 60ft branch first time with minimal effort. But as the others say it doesnt hurt to get out and practice. Hyper Pet - HyperDog Ball Launchers

Thats amazing! until i followed the link i thought it would be one of those plastic cup on a stick types, which would have been an idea, but this is awsome, could launch all sorts with that, clandestine like, payback on all those that wronged me..... anyway, how much and where do i get one? :thumbup:

Thats amazing! until i followed the link i thought it would be one of those plastic cup on a stick types, which would have been an idea, but this is awsome, could launch all sorts with that, clandestine like, payback on all those that wronged me..... anyway, how much and where do i get one? :thumbup:

Have found limited availability on Amazon within the UK, around 20 quid....

Yeah i got mine for 15 quid i think. cant remember where though. Shop around a bit and im sure you will find a cheap one. they come in 2 ball and 4 ball launchers. You can get a tennis ball to go over 170 foot ish so its good for the pup at lunch time. :thumbup: glad i could be of service.