A question for Arbtalk

Albedo

Then start a thread. Why has it got to be a "newbie" some of the old fogeys that climb use srt a lot.

You would get a wide audience from people who are new to using srt and old fogeys that use srt. No doubt the more response you get the better us eom the information would be.

As you have said you may start digging whenever you have time. :001_tongue:

I'm thinking it may come in handy back in NZ on big stuff but don't like the idea of not placing my own anchor by hand. Anyway mate much as I value your opinion....you ain't cut any wood up a tree yet.

Wait till you've done that because one of the things AT can be about is avoiding some of the shocks you might get when you do.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm a bit lost now. I wasn't giving any advise about using what technique or how to use it at all.

I was giving advise about putting your own thread up asking such questions as you have so rightly pointed out I havnt "cut any wood" up a tree yet. I plan to but funds don't allow me to pay for the course yet.

I use drt for rec climbing and I have been taught most techniques by a climber with me and also by reading threads and asking questions on here, this site has been the most usefull for this and I have learnt so much by asking questions from both the young and old.

To be honest your comment has put my back up a bit as I know I have no cert for climbing and you are saying I was giving advise on it when I clearly wasn't...

That thread didn't even make sense. good riddance. Having a go at students suggests to me that the OP is a student...

Oh Dear:001_smile: I want Tom D on my side....he's usually right about things:001_smile:

Edit. I defended students in that thread but thought the thread should carry on to attack bullying in the industry

Edited by Albedo

Any one who tries to big themselves up by putting others down is pretty low in my book.

If the thread has sensibly tried to examine why so new lads think they know more about the job than seasoned cutters, it could been a good the thread, its the old "experience verses qualifications" debate.

But that thread was not about that, it was a "lets slag off new guys" thread, which IMO stinks!!!:thumbdown:

Any one who tries to big themselves up by putting others down is pretty low in my book.

If the thread has sensibly tried to examine why so new lads think they know more about the job than seasoned cutters, it could been a good the thread, its the old "experience verses qualifications" debate.

But that thread was not about that, it was a "lets slag off new guys" thread, which IMO stinks!!!:thumbdown:

He was getting pulled up for it...

So how does that devalue AT.

It's an important issue and should be discussed.

I know I've suffered it enough but now I'm the boss:001_smile:

Edited by Albedo
just Sp

Trouble is in black and White posts can seem a million miles from what the posters actualy mean it's as much as people's interpretations as it is the post. A bit of empathy and understanding and seeing the best in the posts rather than assuming the worst......this would go a long way FACT:001_smile:

When we 'judge' someone's post without knowing them and there personality it can often lead to huge misunderstandings, shame on ppl for asumin the worst not the best......I no the author off said thread the whole op was totally misjudged wrong conclusion off his character drawn.....the fact that pople always see the worst is in fact a embarasmt to the forum

I saw the original posts and never understood them.

I'm a Northumbrian, mind.:confused1:

I will help new lads out, no problem, but I have learnt to bite my tongue at some of the threads where they obviously get ahead of themselves or are too lazy to do any research of their own.

All I know is Steve and the mods do not close threads down lightly, so it must have disintegrated into pure shite for this to have happened.