A question for Arbtalk

Albedo

It's not about the subject of the thread, more how is in conducted. Criticism, no matter how harsh, can be constructive.

absolutley

I did get nine holes in Mick:big grin: But I have thought about this for a while.

As usual I have done it wrong.

I was thinking for a long time about asking what people want out of AT and asking Steve's permission to do it....

Now I've gone and done it though haven't I:001_smile:

its not important, really, at the end of the Day Arbtalk has provided many thousands of people with exactly what they NEEDED at the time they came asking, searching for it, whether it was a health and safety question or is this fungi dangerous, can i eat it blah blah.

You yourself have the capacity to express some very intersting thoughts about some pretty heavy subjects so why dont you stop worrying about what everyone else wants or does and just do you thang?:thumbup:

your a funny old fish Paul

:lol:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know im new on this forum, but what ive seen is that everyone on here helps out any problems in anysort of way, being that a quick call to a mate or getting hands on. Steve and his team has done a great job with this site, the t-shirts that i love the apps and bring in companies that effect are working lifes, and finally the vast array of other tree huggers with fountains of knowledge. Were a large mixed group so what mite be funny or important to others may not be to the next. But were all still here ready to lend a hand or info to the next arborist. Othersites have failed yet this one continues to grow, and i personally tell others to join or to at least have a look. I wouldnt do so if i felt this was a 2nd rate forum

I think that keeping a thread to a level where it has a mixture of views is the key, the thread last night was un called for and was aimed and discriminated on a poor level, now had he started a thread asking what people's views were on his subject then maybe the out come would of been different and could of turned into a good banter and opinionated thread, as it happened he started the thread on to many negatives and it received a lot more negatives because of the way he went about it and it was closed.......

If people are not interested in things then they more than likely will not post, arbtalk has a massive variety of threads to enjoy and get your opinions across without the need for threads like the one 10 men put up last night.....

Steve was right, a complete embarrassment to the forum....

:001_smile:.

Then start a thread. Why has it got to be a "newbie" some of the old fogeys that climb use srt a lot.

You would get a wide audience from people who are new to using srt and old fogeys that use srt. No doubt the more response you get the better us eom the information would be.

As you have said you may start digging whenever you have time. :001_tongue: