ASPEN fuel why so expensive

NoRush

why are the pumps not using it now? I mean the vehicular uses of petrol products make our piddly little trade pale into insignificance. Or is there a hidden agenda?

As I understand it, alkylate fuel is produced from the gases found at the top of the distillation tower, and those from the 'cracker' .

As all the other petroleum products have been produced lower down the tower , the quantity at the top is limited.

For this reason the production capacity for this purest of petroleums is limited. Insuffiicient can be produced for road vehicle use.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I know it comes out of the same reactor vessel as all other petrochemicals, they make it at the same time as they make petrol, diesel, kerosine etc so I don't see how the manufacturing costs could be higher, indeed you could argue that the costs are negligable since its made as part of the process that makes all the other products that they sell.

I am sure Anglo will correct me if that's significantly wrong.

No need to wait for Anglo :001_tt2:

From Alkylation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ...

However, not all refineries have an alkylation plant. The oil and gas journal annual survey of worldwide refining capacities for January 2007 lists many countries with no alkylation plants at their refineries.

Refineries examine whether it makes sense economically to install alkylation units. Alkylation units are complex, with substantial economy of scale. In addition to a suitable quantity of feedstock, the price spread between the value of alkylate product and alternate feedstock disposition value must be large enough to justify the installation.

I dont see any competition to Aspen. If there was there may be a bit of a race to get established. Can this not be purchased from shell. While there is no competition in the uk the price will be high. The only time the cost of fuel comes down is when demand drops so if it takes off so will the price.

Andy...I can't see the problem with having to travel a bit for the fuel. I just tie it in with something else when im in the area and buy enough to last me a few months :) Would even be happy to pick you some up next time im that way if you like. Have a lot of work coming up In the Hadleigh area

Cheers, I'll take you up on that :thumbup1: I'm not totally blinkered against the stuff, it is the local supply that is an issue for me. Certainly hedgetrimming it would he a boon. I have nothing to go towards Hadleigh for, certainly not the rest of this year anyway.

Hey guys,

A lot has been said in this thread and I will try to answer them as best as i I can.

Firstly lets get one thing clear, Anglo American Oil Company ltd is NOT comparable to the multi million $ companies in the petroleum industry such as EXXON etc. We are in fact a family run business. We don't drive flash cars, our office is based at our home and we work very hard for a living just like you guys. Hope that helps a little with the thought of our profit margins as from some of the comments on this forum it feels as if some of you think we are trying to rob you of your money or we are being greedy...

The price of the products we sell is relative to the admin and distribution costs as well as purchasing costs of the product itself (just like with any product). Aspen is no different in its pricing to any other products you buy in the uk.

Economies of scale do play a part in this and any savings we can make from bulk purchasing will be passed on to the end customer. The biggest drop in price would however be if we could get the road fuel duty removed as this would see an instant drop of 58p per litre. This is where we will need your support. You guys can also make a saving buy buying in bulk, we offer 10% professional discount with free shipping on all orders over 54 cans. This can be ordered through your local dealer and we will send it straight to you.

The great thing about Aspen is that it really does work (as can be seen from the comments of people who use the product on this forum) as well as in the real world throughout europe where it is sold in much bigger volumes and has been so for years.

The benefits of using Aspen over pump fuels are there for you to see and IMO if it costs £5-10 more per user per day to use but makes his/her day more enjoyable due to not having to inhale fumes all day then that should justify the product enough. I mean a lot of people spend that money each day on degrading their health by buying junk food and cigarettes etc.

As for the dealer network, we are working hard on improving it but not all shops are like GardenKit and can understand the product. Many are ignorant or would rather recommend pump fuel to their customers as they don’t want to lose out business in their repair shop due to all of the fuel problems they will get because of it!

When you are ready to make the change or even just give it a try but find that you don’t have an Aspen dealer close to you, just give us a call and recommend your local machinery shop and we will help you by making sure its stocked there for you!

If you have any specific questions regarding Aspen you can always give us a call in the office or send us a personal message on here.

Our number is 01929 551557

Ask to speak to Anders or Axel we are here to help.

Have a nice day

Axel

So why dont we make the idiots that run this country know about ASPEN and its benifits to people and the enviroment. Get a tax reduction.

I dont see why we should pay extra to the goverment when we are using something good for the enviroment and the operator. Theres a tax reduction on cars that use less petrol why not on petrol thats good for all of us.

People will buy it if they know its good for them and the ENVIROMENT.