550XP... is there a knack to getting them started?

Hoggin

I had a similar issue when I bought my 372xp flooded the first / second time I used it then worked out the sequence, choke out de-comp in 2 pulls choke in no de-comp and away we go......... until the day I did that with a half hearted first pull and the B******rd fired up first time and snatched back nearly pulled my arm out of joint, still not right now!! cracking saw though:001_smile:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just give mine a few pulls with choke out till it fires then put the choke in and pull it over until it runs.

usually takes 2 or 3 to get it to fire with the choke out then 1 or 2 with the choke in to get it to start up.

When its warmed up or been used one or two pulls without choke generally gets it started.

^

Have done the same with all my huskys and it always works.

I never even bother with the primer bubbles or decomp.

• 2 years later...

Oh 'eck. I've started having a few issues with hot starts.... despite pumping the primer bulb and setting it to fast idle (choke on/choke off) it sometimes really doesn't wanna start. Seems to be flooding itself a bit as there's a bit of smoke after it fires up.... and sometimes it doesn't want to pick up on the throttle (bogs down and stalls).

Apart from the hot start thing it's running fine & cold starts are no problem either.

Should I try a hotter plug as suggested earlier in this thread?

cheers, steve

Oh 'eck. I've started having a few issues with hot starts.... despite pumping the primer bulb and setting it to fast idle (choke on/choke off)

Are you supposed to use the primer for a hot start? I thought they were just meant for ease of starting from cold?