hardwood cord available

nick channer

that time yr again.. only day or so harvesting to finish and 10 days autumn drilling then stepframe straw trailer off the unit and timber trailer back on... so get your orders in for quality artic trailer loads hardwood/softwood cord [some part seasoned]... can deliver anywhere if your prepared to pay haulage rate...

Now then Nick, I should be ok this year mate thanks but have you number in case I need a load or two.

Still harvesting hey? You must of had a nightmare harvest?!

Everybody did, crap yields and low bushell weight as well, probably the worst harvest financially for 30 years round here.

A

to be honest we're in lucky position where our cereal's is only part of our harvest... we do nearly as many acres hay as we do arable and for us the hay is worth double money per acre than crops... and unbelievably we've had some good hay this yr...we did our last 80 acres on tues... haylage is another product from grass we rent which we have good market for... and small bale straw is in class of its own and this yr has more than made up the loss per acre on crops compared with previous yrs.. with the artic being used this harvest for first time its doubled the money per ton of straw delivered compared with price ex field and has shown very good profit even after diesel... lot better than cordwood i add without sitting on the crane in pouring rain and freezing conditions whilst loadin and unloading...

our wheats and barleys havent been that bad this yr.. winter barley yielded 2.5 ton acre instead of 2.8-3.. and wheats 2.5 instead of 3... some near us havent achieved a ton per acre... but as said i put lot time and effort into placing all our straw before it was harvested which has made very big diff on per acre profit...

Now then Nick, I should be ok this year mate thanks but have you number in case I need a load or two.

Still harvesting hey? You must of had a nightmare harvest?!

we parked combine up for week to get our hay finished and started on 230 acres spring barley on monday.. after a puncture on thurs morn which lost us 3-4 hrs and hour breakdown yesterday then rained off at 4,30pm its left us with 30acres to cut... without that we'd a been finished.... our old 1994 TX34 has cut over 900 acres this yr... she'll go another season yet..