Log splitter advice

Vikki

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the same position. Want a petrol splitter to deal with 120t per yr of hardwood.

Looked at woodline multiplayer and bgu hs80 b at apf both looked like good machines. I like the idea of something that'll split big rings and then also will split longer (1m) smaller diameter lengths into billets that I can cut in a saw horse.

Will petrol driven splitters work all day or are there limitations due to overheating etc?

Anyone experienced the bgu splitter?

I found the Thor petrol engined trailer mounted unit rated at 13tonne, that I hired for a few years, deadly slow, it was not that it could not split the timber, just slow, especially on the return stroke where one had to hold both levers for seemingly forever.

Possibly not such a problem if owned as one would not be so anxious to maximize productivity during the hire period.

Then if held a fraction too long it fractured the roll pin that held the splitting wedge att to the ram:blushing: I got quare an slick at changing them mind:lol:

The 17 tonne Krpan PTO driven unit is in a different league altogether.

As I presume would any of this catorogy/class of tractor mount/PTO driven splitter would be.