Unimog Hire SW

samarb

Thanks Stephen, it's true that this year has been quite good to me but it comes with accute awareness that it could all end with a drop of the hat. I managed to have a chat with Alex from a.c.price at apf and plan to head up there in next few weeks. I did like look of U20 but did not get price. It's going to be be a funny year for me as I want to go bigger with out loosing the attention to detail or customer service. I personally feel mog will certainly bring in bigger contracts but don't want it sat there while we chuck grass clippings in the back. £20k sounds very cheap considering that's what it would cost for a new 110 or transit tipper arb spec. To Tom D I only really want to operate outside my normal zone and offer smaller companies the chance to run kit I dreamed of when starting up, but hire may be more hassle than it is worth.

Exactly, if you want a mog get one. And make the effort to find the work to keep it busy. just remember they are not cheap to run, tyres will be £££'s each.:001_smile:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Stephen, it's true that this year has been quite good to me but it comes with accute awareness that it could all end with a drop of the hat. I managed to have a chat with Alex from a.c.price at apf and plan to head up there in next few weeks. I did like look of U20 but did not get price. It's going to be be a funny year for me as I want to go bigger with out loosing the attention to detail or customer service. I personally feel mog will certainly bring in bigger contracts but don't want it sat there while we chuck grass clippings in the back. £20k sounds very cheap considering that's what it would cost for a new 110 or transit tipper arb spec. To Tom D I only really want to operate outside my normal zone and offer smaller companies the chance to run kit I dreamed of when starting up, but hire may be more hassle than it is worth.

Exactly, if you want a mog get one. And make the effort to find the work to keep it busy. just remember they are not cheap to run, tyres will be £££'s each.:001_smile:

i have a U1600 with front mount schliesing 12inch chipper... it goes out for £350 day with one operator who works as ground worker time he's there.... theres not much call for it to be honest.. problem is people dont appreciate how much it can chip in a day.. they compare it to a 6inch timberwolf they can hire from our local hire shop for 100 quid day...

i have a U1600 with front mount schliesing 12inch chipper... it goes out for £350 day with one operator who works as ground worker time he's there.... theres not much call for it to be honest.. problem is people dont appreciate how much it can chip in a day.. they compare it to a 6inch timberwolf they can hire from our local hire shop for 100 quid day...

• 4 months later...

Just an observation here. How will having a mog make less trips?? They hold slightly more than a transit tipper with chipbox.

I'd be inclined to find out if there is any work for it in your local area/county before you spend that kind of money. Your not going to be running up and down the country with it because it won't be viable for 350 a day and i'd say you need to build milage into your day rate . I was speaking to a contractor a couple of weeks back on a site clearance who does this and his mog let go in a big way once and he had to sell his l200 to get it back on the road asap like Stephen said.

• 3 weeks later...

Been there and got the t shirt wouldn't do it again! Like Steven says you need at least £25k sat there just in case!

If your goi g to drive 50 miles then chip all day your going to go through T least £100 worth of fuel, quite a chunk out of £350! They arnt overly practical for driving miles in really! Loads of wear and tear and about £750. Tyre last time I looked! They don't last very well on the road either!

You'll constantly be doi g somthing with it. Unless you spend £50/60k on just the mog and even then it's touch and go!

And as said before they do t hold very much chip for the size though they are very productive if you can chip into a trailer or in site!

If you want to hire somthing out I'd get somthing big and tracked with a crane or maybe a big pto for a tractor!

Just my 2p :thumbup1: