Greenmech at the APF

Dean Lofthouse

I was really impressed withy the Quadchip 160 track.

In the past I have only used greenmech chippers on hire from Aplant and they were the worst i have ever used so that has always put me off since.

However with this track chipper on a trailer you get the best of both worlds.

We are definatley going to try and get one on demo and im wondering if any of you have got them and if it is viable/easy to use them while they are on the trailer aswell as off it?

And how reliable they are, easy to change blades and anvil?

They certainly look good but if you put all your eggs in one basket and get rid of your towable and track for one, they would have to be good.

British built aswell! - bonus

:001_smile:

IMG00315-20120915-1339.jpg.3659f68b3fecf407c796ffec62fb87d2.jpg

IMG00314-20120915-1338.jpg.788d27f5ed0ad3f5f5220a8268c77eb6.jpg

I was really impressed withy the Quadchip 160 track.

In the past I have only used greenmech chippers on hire from Aplant and they were the worst i have ever used so that has always put me off since.

However with this track chipper on a trailer you get the best of both worlds.

We are definatley going to try and get one on demo and im wondering if any of you have got them and if it is viable/easy to use them while they are on the trailer aswell as off it?

And how reliable they are, easy to change blades and anvil?

They certainly look good but if you put all your eggs in one basket and get rid of your towable and track for one, they would have to be good.

British built aswell! - bonus

:001_smile:

Having read this thread I have to say how jealous I am at your guided tour of the Greenmech factory. I thought missing the APF was a blow...

I have run Greenmech machines for a number of years and agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment of this thread - they are a fantastic company to deal with, and cant't do enough to support their end users. And they are BRITISH!!!

Dean - surely it is time to weigh in that big American lump taking up space in your shed and replace it with a green marvel of British ingenuity... You wouldn't have too sharpen the blades after every outing either!

Having read this thread I have to say how jealous I am at your guided tour of the Greenmech factory. I thought missing the APF was a blow...

I have run Greenmech machines for a number of years and agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment of this thread - they are a fantastic company to deal with, and cant't do enough to support their end users. And they are BRITISH!!!

Dean - surely it is time to weigh in that big American lump taking up space in your shed and replace it with a green marvel of British ingenuity... You wouldn't have too sharpen the blades after every outing either!

I had a chat with Martin Lucas, the GreenMech Sales Director and we have agreed to do some more factory tours in the future - maybe a buffet lunch and some sales patter too, but focusing on the fact that we make stuff and not just bolt it together or import a finished thing.

We also do stuff for other groundcare suppliers too and we have the capacity to make other stuff too. We look at the factory as a steel shop with a powder coat /shot blast place too, they make wood chippers now but they could make other stuff if it pays!

When i get time and photographs, I'll start a new thread on the subject as many people buy the kit from a dealer but don't fully understand what does go into making one from start to finish!

I had a chat with Martin Lucas, the GreenMech Sales Director and we have agreed to do some more factory tours in the future - maybe a buffet lunch and some sales patter too, but focusing on the fact that we make stuff and not just bolt it together or import a finished thing.

We also do stuff for other groundcare suppliers too and we have the capacity to make other stuff too. We look at the factory as a steel shop with a powder coat /shot blast place too, they make wood chippers now but they could make other stuff if it pays!

When i get time and photographs, I'll start a new thread on the subject as many people buy the kit from a dealer but don't fully understand what does go into making one from start to finish!