APF, what did you think?.

Alycidon

Just wondered what everyone thought to the APF show.

I had not been to one before, I was looking at medium size hyd processors and racks. Nice demos from Posch and Fuelwood, Palax seemed not to be that interested, no one about much on the stand and the machines cordoned off, I suppose thats H&S as some were connected up. That did not seem to bother the others. Had a chat with the MD of JAPA, he is a decent guy who listens to end customers. Dalens 2054 looked a decent machine, guys are keen to help as well, but maybe a bit pricey compared to others. 2052 may be a better bet for me.

Interestingly none of the demos were using timber much above 300mm, even the Bindenburger 500, interestingly there was a guy behind that slicing lumps off the ends of logs before they were loaded on the rack, said the dirt on the end of the logs gets into the chain and blunts it. We know but none of the others were doing that. the machine did put out a really nice sample, far better that its smaller brother, seems the 500 has some sort of integral cleaner.

BGU have a hydraulic loading rack that is basically a trailer with jacks to adjust height, so easy to put away when finished. Nice.

Arbtalk stand was busy when I came by so I kept going, 2 mile walk over granite cobbles did not do my gout any good !!.

I was surprised by the lack of people selling non arb stuff such as wooden bits and bobs. For you pro arb guys there seemed a lot of people there such as Jones, and some of the forestry machine demos were pretty impressive.

Trailers, well IFW and one other were there with small trailers, I was interested in a tilt body, guy on the IFW stand was not that conversant, the other trailer seller was much more helpful.

So was it worth the time and money, yes I thought so. One of the highlights for me were two refurbed Countys, a 974 and an 1124, you could eat you dinner off the cab floors, lovely.

A

Edited by Alycidon

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That 974 was lovely wasn't it :001_smile:

I went to the show with an open mind - the last one at Ragley was great, but the last one at Cannock didn't seem that great.

Was pleasantly surprised at how many new, unseen things were on show and also that the stands seemed to be fairly spacious - Cannock last time seemed like everyone had to make do with tiny stands and ram loads of stuff in.

Popped my APF cherry this year stayed the night and left there about 2oclock.

Loved it some good deals to be had Deffiantly will go next time.

Minor niggle no gate for those who brought tickets early with slow credit card reader made queing a chore.

I was in at about 9.45am, no queues at all.

A

Loved every minute as it's a 10 minute drive from my house and managed to finally make the decision for a new log splitter between an Oxdale and Riko A9 both petrol engines and both brilliant machines but the guys at Riko gave me an offer i couldn't turn down. Happy days