magnetic therapy / wristbands

the hedge man

There's a lot of speculation about magnetic bracelets acting/reacting/massaging/etc the iron molecules present in every red blood cell, the problem is magnetism itself has a famously small range and loses its influence incredibly quickly ie. the distance between the magnet and your vesses.

Also I believe the copper in copper bracelets can't be absorbed by the skin and therefore not utilised. Despite the many benefits of trace copper as a micronutrient for humans, the bracelet ads you see fail to mention that near all usable copper is absorbed by the stomach, not the skin.

Just eat a bag of brazil nuts every now and then, very high in copper:thumbup:

Science aside, I would probably still wear one even just for the placebo effect, that and to be sure in the mind that I have some scrap value should somebody weigh me in :biggrin:

I used to wear a copper magnet bracelet for about three years, was told it was meant to help with prevention with arthiritise which runs in my family, i don't have any signs of it but i doubt it was the copper braclet! i found it abit of a nuisance in the end so stopped wearing it.

Copper in not magnetic . To be magnetic the materiel has to be ferrus , have iron in its make up . So wearing a copper bracelet may or may not do something but it has nothing to do with magnatisum . Ho hum .

bio flow ones are good.

the bracelet is copper but has magnets in the ends so to be in contact with your pressure points.

1, the copper makes your wrist a lovely colour. unless you drink plenty of water to counteract the acidic sweat attacking the copper.

2, the magnets are brill for catching the iron filings when you sharpen your saw :)

but in honesty i wear one and seems to work on my bad shoulder :)

If you believe they work, then they may actually work. It's called the placebo effect.

But NO scientific evidence has ever been produced to document any effect from copper and/or magnets on your wrist. A properly conducted scientific study would be "double blind", i.e. users are chosen by random to wear either a copper/magnet bracelet or a stainless-steel (placebo) one, and neither the user, nor the person conducting the study knows if he is wearing the "real" one or the placebo one. After a period, the effects are measured, and "real" and placebo are compared.

One such study is published here: Science-Based Medicine Copper and Magnetic Bracelets for Arthritis

So, a piece of rubber tube or prussic rope wrapped around your wrist would likely have the same effect, if you believed in its effect!