9/11

Rich2484

So the point stands; that war was worth it.

Sorry I quoted the wrong post :blushing:

Whenever the planes hitting is on telly I can't seem to help but always look at the other side of the tower expecting to see the plane fly out the other side like it was a near miss. I can't help it just my eyes automatically move past the building.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i was in shannon airport with wife and her family waiting to board flight to boston for her brothers wedding. sitting in departure lounge heard rumour about plane been hi-jacked. next thing tv shows plane hitting tower,a little later second one. horrible time,lots of americans crying and most people just stunned.

wifes family never made it to wedding

one of those moments in history that will never be forgotten. Such a simple, but devastating attack on the most powerful nation on the planet. The people who carried out this attack set in motion events that have cost thousands of lives. I remember thinking...someones going to pay for this ten times over.....time to get the big stick out....

I was delivering a new Kubota to a customer at Churchstoke, he was an old boy who'd been a very successful engineer. He'd rigged up his own satellite TV receiver and had what at the time was the biggest plasma TV I'd ever seen. His wife called us in to see the news and I spent the next few hours glued to the screen. Still hard to believe it actually happened even now....

I came in to college and told the lecturer to turn the tv on because planes were flying into skyscrapers in New York only to be told to shut up and sit down!! I protested and the class sat and watched the coverage in silence for the rest of the afternoon.

Such a sad, crazy, unfortgetable moment in history.