9/11

Rich2484

I was on a day trip to London. I wanted to get out of the capital as quick as loss. Life is going on as normal here in NY. They are naming all the people on tv at the moment. Everyone has their story to tell of the day 11 years ago. RIP to all those who gave their lives and to their families.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1939, hmmm! :001_rolleyes:

I would have to say 1939 was a tad bit different as it wasn't a "revenge" type war more of a defending type war.

Nazi Germany occupied europe and middle east, hitler was a tyrant not a terrorist.

It wasn't about oil, or suicide bombers, it was about defending countries. If we didn't we would all speak German at some point.

I got half way to work and heard it on the news. Got to the office, made my excuses and went home and spent the rest of the day glued to the TV. I've been to the site in NY and it's incredibly moving. I walked past several fire stations, each with pictures of comrades and parts of the towers set up in a corner in memory of their colleagues. It's not often that something brings a lump to my throat but it was very hard to keep my emotions on several occasions and the first time I've had to walk out of somehwere before I lost it.

597661a51e1ff_2012-03-19001025.jpg.bd87b37c8b79f9533817d0768be62e44.jpg

597661a519a88_2012-03-19001024.jpg.c0304311ce7a0d48d3b6bce312d78741.jpg

I would have to say 1939 was a tad bit different as it wasn't a "revenge" type war more of a defending type war.

Nazi Germany occupied europe and middle east, hitler was a tyrant not a terrorist.

It wasn't about oil, or suicide bombers, it was about defending countries. If we didn't we would all speak German at some point.

1939, hmmm! :001_rolleyes:

So the point stands; that war was worth it.

I was in school when it happened. Instead of lessons we were asked if we would rather go home or watch live news. Alot of kids said go home but a few stayed and watched the news. When the planes hit i felt a shiver down my spine. I remember it so clearly. When i watch the programmes about it i get a lump in my throat as i lost 6 friends in the second plane crash. I didn't find out until 2 years later.

I was waiting to have lunch in the pub with a good mate , going to war is never worth it

cost too many lifes.

going to war may sometimes not be worth it. But to say it's never worth it surely can't be right (only my opinion) and your certainly entitled to yours.

The Nazis needed stopping. I believe that the dropping of the atomic bombs was necessary. It saved the allies hundreds of thousands of allied lives. Most allied POWs were going to be executed should the allies invade the Japanese mainland. It cost a lot of innocent Japanese lives, but saved a lot more lives on all sides.

another example:

If you ask any native of the Falklands if that war was worth it, I'm sure the vast majority will say it was.

Maybe, if you ask any parent of anyone killed in the Falklands, they might have a different opinion. People in different situations can have different thoughts on the same conflict.