10 week course vs 1 week course

Dak

how do folks,

just a quick one to throw your way, lets say your me( only experience of chainsaw is the one i use around the farm, clearing woods etc) which course would you do? it seems you need at least cs30,31,38 to get going as a groundie.

cheers folks

dave

how do folks,

just a quick one to throw your way, lets say your me( only experience of chainsaw is the one i use around the farm, clearing woods etc) which course would you do? it seems you need at least cs30,31,38 to get going as a groundie.

cheers folks

dave

One on plumbing mate.:001_tongue:

how do folks,

cheers folks

dave

depends what you want to do in a few years, if its only to be a groundie, with tickets, do the 1week, if you want to climb, learn abit of basic tree knowledge, including pest and diseases, identifying most common trees, bit of rigging, tree biology ect, the 10week is, imo a goot starting block to be a climber/go on to do further courses

10week is usally 2day practicle(felling climbing ect) 1 day maintenance(chainsaw, chipper, machinery) and 2 day theory

many say the 10 week is a 2year National diploma condenced!

hope this helps

if you can afford it the ten week course will give you a much better base of knowledge, as you'll not only have relevant tickets but also hopefully understand more about what/ why your doing things. Having said that a one week course will mean that in a far shorter time period your back in the work place, providing you can find it.

• 2 weeks later...

many say the 10 week is a 2year National diploma condenced!

The 10 week course is a lower level than the ND and much easier to pass, given that you're motivated and have the energy to study while you are on the 10 week course.

I'd definitely recommend the 10 week course over a 1 week course, you'd come out with a lot more knowledge, and have more opportunities to find good work. Oh, and Jack Kenyon (course leader) is such an inspiration!