Anyone fancy teaching a lad to climb like the pro's? :)

YoGi_93

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a few others have mentioned get down the woods away from the footpaths and climb some awkward trees and practice getting right out on branches, you will mess stuff up and learn for yourself in a scenario where you cant cut yourself with a saw. I used to rec climb in the woods every weekend!

As a kid thats ok, But if you go to a Go-Ape centre, you get free training on how the kit works, have a load of safety in place, use pulleys and via-ferreta stuff to understand what you can/can't do.

Okay so I may be a bloody long way off climbing like any sort of pro what so ever but I need some confidence inspiring. I know ive put a thread up like this before but im asking if anyone is up for a rec climb just you and me to teach me the ropes (no pun intended ;) ) and inspire a whole lot of confidence. Possibly turning into teaching me chainsaw in a tree stuff? I have got my CS38 and im really eagre to start climbing but im a long way off being able to make my boss money, and he just doesnt have the time to give to train me up so im asking anyone on here :001_smile: the reason I say one to one is because as I say my main problem is confidence and I have a stupid self concious thing going on. Payment in love/money/BEER :thumbup1: PM me if your interested :) oh yeah im near Solihull but will travel :thumbup1:

Give me a ring and we will sort out a date if your willing to pop over to the flat lands of Lincolnshire, I'll give you days rec climb.....07960282489

Your 2 1/2 hours away from me, otherwise i would of loved to go out sometime for a swing about, have a laugh, and eat lunch up a tree and chill (and good strong limb walks :) )

Arran

2 1/2 hours??? What's wrong with you young un's i have had the privilege to work with some of the best climbers in the world. And the late Sam Robinson was no exception.....if not the best at one time. I had the pleasure of being asked by him and severel others on a rec climb when I was 18 the drive was a crueling 3 hour drive the second week I past my test with motorway driving involved.....it's how bad you want to learn not what stands between you and an opotunity ....just my thoughts anyway no disrespect ...:001_smile:

2 1/2 hours??? What's wrong with you young un's i have had the privilege to work with some of the best climbers in the world. And the late Sam Robinson was no exception.....if not the best at one time. I had the pleasure of being asked by him and severel others on a rec climb when I was 18 the drive was a crueling 3 hour drive the second week I past my test with motorway driving involved.....it's how bad you want to learn not what stands between you and an opotunity ....just my thoughts anyway no disrespect ...:001_smile:

:001_smile: re-read what i wrote, i would like to change it.

Your 2 1/2 hours away from me, i would of loved to go out sometime for a swing about, have a laugh, and eat lunch up a tree and chill (and good strong limb walks) Make a proper day of it.

Arran

Im always up for climbing I regret writing that post :thumbdown: must be sleepy

Edited by Arran Turner
being soft and girly.

You will not get a better offer than adam that is for sure!!

Thanks for the vote of convedence mate, I'm sure there are better offers out there but up till now it seems I'm the only one to make the offer.....:biggrin:

And arron I was not being dramatic about your post nor did I want you to change what you had put, just trying to work out why everyone is wanting to learn more but not pay a small price ? Nice of you to re think though buddy respect for that...:thumbup1: