560 xp

Hodge

Bit miffed really, I like this saw alot but it has now let me down twice! It has had the chain brake band replaced twice and now the starter has broke for the second time, in 10 years of having a 357 and a346 this has never happens. Come on husky sort yerselves out or I'm getting a Stihl!!

Bit miffed really, I like this saw alot but it has now let me down twice! It has had the chain brake band replaced twice and now the starter has broke for the second time, in 10 years of having a 357 and a346 this has never happens. Come on husky sort yerselves out or I'm getting a Stihl!!

Yea . If it was an average saw you would sling it back and look at some others but when its running good its such a stonker don't you think ?

It’s disappointing isn’t it , fantastic when running but caused me more problems than any other saw , and that’s since 1970 ish !,back to using a spring as a.v. have pulled the starter only to have the casting break that holds the spindle, will be interesting to see what husky have to say at the apf

ah my starter spindle on the outer side case also broke off the other day after 2.5 months of 8 hr a day use felling, Glad its not just mine. :001_rolleyes:

Sometimes it takes ages to start it when its turned off still with fuel and when its run out. only now and then, mostly its spot on.

I also overheated it one day cutting a big hardwood down and it had a right paddy, after 15 mins stopped it was ok. Seems to be running better as the days get colder. :lol:

ah my starter spindle on the outer side case also broke off the other day after 2.5 months of 8 hr a day use felling, Glad its not just mine. :001_rolleyes:

Sometimes it takes ages to start it when its turned off still with fuel and when its run out. only now and then, mostly its spot on.

I also overheated it one day cutting a big hardwood down and it had a right paddy, after 15 mins stopped it was ok. Seems to be running better as the days get colder. :lol:

Yea I had that . Its the auto tune . It shut mine down comletely . It could not come to terms with me fitting an 8 pin rim . once I put it back to a 7 and reset the auto tune buy cutting full width of the 18" bar in some big ash for 3 mins it is back to working fine . It now is a complete ripper after the work done on it by Petemate .

Yea . If it was an average saw you would sling it back and look at some others but when its running good its such a stonker don't you think ?

Yes mate, I love it, as you say it's a stonker!! I have written a letter to Husqvarna so will see what happens.

The 576 exploded a few weeks ago. A huge chunk of casing under the exhaust flew off. Chain oil ever where a seized engine. you could see the crank through the hole.

Husky replaced it under warranty. Infact a 576xpg went in a 576xpg autotune came back:thumbup:

Husky saws seem to be temperamental at the moment.

Yea I had that . Its the auto tune . It shut mine down comletely . It could not come to terms with me fitting an 8 pin rim . once I put it back to a 7 and reset the auto tune buy cutting full width of the 18" bar in some big ash for 3 mins it is back to working fine . It now is a complete ripper after the work done on it by Petemate .

Strange, I've been running an 8 pin sprocket and had no problems with it. Can't really say I've had any major problems with mine. I'll admit I didn't realise there was a way to start it warm so was cursing for a bit, and change of a spark plug to the newer type. Other than that so far it's probably the best saw I've owned! Maybe it's just the way others look after them....:001_tongue: