thinking of giving up

Ian C

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem is once they have threatened you in such a manner you have to take it seriously, if some scrote threatens to burn you and your family when your asleep, these days it is meant.

On the other side of the coin they have probably forgotten about it already, sometimes when someone is collared the standard response is abuse and intimidation.

Your best bet is to set up a cheap CCTV that cover the area so you have evidence, but also have a huge air raid siren outside, if you do see any prowlers again, don't confront them and don't let them see you looking, just press the button to operate the air raid siren and keep it pressed till they disapear.

They will confront you when they are in a group but once they know everyone in the neighbourhood is looking out to see whats going on they'll not hang around with so many witnesses.

You can't afford to risk that welfare of your family Ian, keep your chin up mate don't let it get you down. I get similar feelings with society at the moment where there is no respect for anyone or anything but then you'll come across someone who lifts your spirits again and reinstates your faith

This is one of the reasons I like meetups and things like this forum, there are decent folk out there mate, more than you think.

Find a non confrontational way of seeing the scrotes off and before long they'll be doing bird anyway and will be out of the way.

You need to find out who they are before you deal with it. If they are local rat bags, catching up with them when they are alone could sort it. If they are pikys you could have a bigger problem. I know of a local farmer who had some gear nicked and got it back with the help of the police. Next night his hay barn was well alight. These were pikys and the police told him to cut his losses as next time it could be his house. They are the scum of the earth

I dont wish to put the willies up you, but do you seal your letter box at night?? and keep the wheelie bins chained well away from the doors?? Do you have smoke alarms, may be an idea to put some near the doors and throughout the house. I dont want to scaremunger (sp?) but it is better to be safe than sorry.

Sorry to hear abouts this - no one wants their family/loved ones put into danger but as Stuart A-C said taking some precautions may be a wise idea.

As much as I want to come and set up an arbtalk op and beat the **** into them I think the best way would be inform the police. From the sound of it they aren't scared of you seeing/hearing them so trying to face them would just cause them to get reinforcements/even more violent!:thumbdown:

The police may have a good idea who they are and are just waiting to get some more evidence before they arrest them. Hope you sort it out!

Relocation relocation relocation! Not said anything until now but looking at how many people on here are experiencing little short of hell and trauma it's hard to wonder what is going on. Yes I know all areas have their bad patches but some of the stuff on here is unheard of down 'ere. I'm not ignorant of it - tell me - are these tough places to live generally? Because I can't imagine all the chipper nicking. saw stealing etc. I've 100ks worth in my garage and went away for Xmas (10 days) and didn't even lock the door! Only clamped the trailer for insurance cover. Maybe my time hasn't come but maybe rural Devon / Cornwall is even better than I thought... Anyway, all my sympathies with anyone in this situation.