Powerball

Arran Turner

Bought one yesterday as it is supposed to prevent or slow down the process of getting carpel tunnel syndrome, Not that i know a great deal about cts but im all for preventing things that could slow me down in the future.

Been playing with it a bit and it involves a real knack but god dam my wrists burn like hell whilst doing it and after, went for a little rec climb today and my arms felt more tired than normal im guessing due to the powerball(making my wrists stronger hopefully).

Anyone else had one or use one regulary? Only problem i find is the noise it makes is disliked by most people in my house :thumbup:

Arran

Had one for a couple of years, to be honest I don't use it very often. After using it for a few weeks I found it was really good for building the forearms and maybe not so good for the wrist.

But then I may have been using it wrong!

I use one good bit of kit 250hz model use it every other day dont try to break records with it but i do notice it easy to hold a 200t with one hand longer ....not that i do it :-P improved strenght in my left forarm to but it aint gonna do the same effects like lifting kettle bells etc puts a sweat on though haha

I had CTS in my right hand years ago . I had the opp , day surgery and its fin now . I would have thought any kind of work that pumps up the for arm / wrist area would not help . The reason I say this is CTS is is caused by there being too little room for the nervs and tendons to pass through the carpel tunnel in the wrist area and when you " pump up " it constricts even more causing the numbness the loss of feeling . the opp opens up that area to allow more room for the nervs and tendons when you work that area . Or have I got it wrong all these years ??