Is lock jack rated for srt?

munkymadman

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was slighty confused to the reason why the rope wrench was allowed at the ITCC 2012 doubled line but not single line. It was not designed for double line. I don't know why it would be safer double line than single line. Weird, but it was a big step forward. I still climb on my "prototype" wooden wrench from time to time.

It has been specifically stated by ART that their devices are only meant to be used in a ddrt system. which might make using it with a wrench at a comp difficult.

The rope wrench (with a hitch has been used by the winning climbers in the Masters from the following ISA chapters:

From the Wisconsin chapter Joe House, the Ohio chapter, Jay Butcher (2011) the Indiana chapter Jeff Clark, the New York chapter Jeremy Pasinault, and the Midwest chapter (forgot his name at the moment). It was used also by the winning climber of the Charlotte invitational (non ISA) as well as the Geezers 40+ comp in Florida.

It is all up to the local chapter.

hey robin, yeah i used it single line, tied off the pre installed line at the base, srt'd up then got out through a limb and dropped down to the casualty. like i said i had to explain all this to the judges before i did it but it worked out good, it seems to depend on the individual event though as kevin said.

I've been given the all clear using a hitch with the rw, the prefered LJ is still under debate. Not sure how or why you'd use an rw on drt. The angle that the LJ sits at on srt is disconcerting. It would be nice to borrow the aerial rescue dummie and chuck him off a branch see if an lj would hold by itself

the lockjack & spiderjack is only tested ddrt and is ce certified tested to EN 358 work positioning lanyards

with the exception of the CE lanyard & CE climb none of the hitches currently used by arb's and in competitions are tested to bsen's and/or CE certified.

The CE climb has been tested in a rather interesting, some would say conveluted, way it is not tested 358 as the lockjack & spider is but under EN 567 and EN 12841

Some say....353 might be a good standard to test arb gear to as we often rely on a sole system, unlike IRATA guys using equipment compliant with 567 & 12841, who have a backup device typically compliant with 353

in the US things are very different and we must remember that the purpose of CE marking is to regulate free trade not to regulate safetey.

BSEN's that we find on our lockjacks, ropes, prussics etc were NOT designed to test arb gear

Take a look at your 'ridge gear' prussic or your OPe2e (ocean polyester eye to eye) for that matter, what BSEN has it been tested to?

.................BSEN 795 what the flip does that have to do with friction cord??... Very little!

795 Anchor devices? cambium savers are indeed anchor devices & as such perhaps this standard is applicable but my prussic loop? seriously? i want my prussic to be strong enough, relativly abrazion resistant & relativly heat resistant & perhaps i want at least 70% of the strength to be in the sheath so that i can see if the important bit is worn/melted, or maybe not providing the core is of a more/as heat resistant material

does anyone else think that perhaps a CE mark doesnt make something safe? so how can we tel if something is safe? just because the wrench isn't ce certified does that make it not safe? does that mean a prussic or blakes is not safe? what testing do the compitition orginisers insist on?....... none?

should All systems that are not tested in their corect configurations be regarded as prototypes?