I am fuming - advice / feedback wanted.

Tom10

I take little comfort that theres more of these short sighted TO's working in the industry - but I feel your pain :sneaky2:

It's not short sighted just because you think it is, you do appreciate that the LA has a duty to protect amenity don't you? As others have said, amenity goes a lot further than specimen trees.

It's a difference of opinion, write it off and move on

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive had the same in Rutland, local planning bod, no idea about trees, has tpo'd an ash tree with inonotus hispidus, didnt even see the massive brackets!!

Just didnt want us to remove it, because of amenity value, never mind the chaps house!!

Now i have to reapply!! Cause of the tpo! total waste of time!

was you going to fell said tree with inonotus? if yes then they done the right thing IMO

It's not short sighted just because you think it is, you do appreciate that the LA has a duty to protect amenity don't you? As others have said, amenity goes a lot further than specimen trees.

It's a difference of opinion, write it off and move on

You can see anything sensible in protecting ageing Silver Birch trees on a boundary holding dead wood with no apparent value to anyone or anything? I cant help but think you would agree after seeing the trees in person. I appreciate you haven't.

Good feedback though - I understand amenity value. These have none. In terms of trees to gardens this area must be holding a high percentage, including lots of nice TPO'd trees that DO have amenity value.

Move on is the only answer. I feel appealing is a waste of everyones time.

What about the already TPO'd trees plus conifer hedge and shrubs in the rear garden also? Plus our replants.

The tree officer obviously thought the Birches were of some value, look at it from his point of view, he has to justify his job every now and then, by spending some time on the Birches, talking with the homeowner on the phone and the typing up the required paperwork, sending out an email etc he's made it look like he actually does something uselful for a living, he probably went home that night and thought to himself, 'RESULT!' :001_smile:

Tom, ultimately the TO has the upper hand, this is the way of things in the UK, we're a country ruled by bureaucrats who love to exercise their authority over increasingly trivial matters.

Edited by scotspine1

The tree officer obviously thought the Birches were of some value, look at it from his point of view, he has to justify his job every now and then, by spending some time on the Birches, talking with the homeowner on the phone and the typing up the required paperwork, sending out an email etc he's made it look like he actually does something uselful for a living, he probably went home that night and thought to himself, 'RESULT!' :001_smile:

Tom, ultimately the TO has the upper hand, this is the way of things in the UK, we're a country ruled by bureaucrats who love to exercise their authority over increasing trivial matters.

I think you have hit the nail on the head scotspine. Im not really happy the TO can now sleep at night at a cost of me and colleagues losing money though :) maybe he should get a hobby. Also glad the majority agree with me, and the vast majority would I'm sure after seeing the trees. May try to photo.

Cheers all.

Edited by Tom10
additional info

Tom, ultimately the TO has the upper hand, this is the way of things in the UK, we're a country ruled by bureaucrats who love to exercise their authority over increasing trivial matters.

I think this is a little bit unfair, and an over generalisation, had you posted that comment on UKTC....:sneaky2:

I think this is a little bit unfair, and an over generalisation, had you posted that comment on UKTC....:sneaky2:

I don't. He is right in the majority of cases.

This country employs SO many people that do aimless jobs, or at least waste their time filling a good job with aimless crap, which is all justified by other aimless crap that someone wrote in their aimless job.