I just got a speeding ticket!

njc110381

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can top that.... I have just this morning received a court summons for speeding in January!!

I was doing 56 on a duel carriageway 50 zone! Which I don't mind the points or fine as I was 'making progress'

My problem is, today is the first I've heard about it and I've got to attend court on the 6th of sept as I've failed to inform them who was driving!! Which is a bit hard when today is the first I heard of it!!

So I spoke to them as soon as I opened the letter address to ms Wilkins not Mr Wilkins to find out what was going on!

So they had sent out a fine at some point but I can genuinely say I never received it, as I would have paid up and taken the points no problem

I've sent a guilty plea to the speeding but a not guilty plea for the failure to inform them of the driver!!

Let's see what happens :-/

sometimes you just get bitten!

14 days for a Notice of Intended Prosecution (NIP)? If you don't receive anything in this time they can't touch you for it.

Not sure how you'll prove it though.

So I spoke to them as soon as I opened the letter address to ms Wilkins not Mr Wilkins to find out what was going on!

I believe they have to have all your details "perfectly correct" to process with the prosecution. If its worded or spelled incorrect it doesn't apply to you. The letter is not addressed to you..."I returned it to Royal Mail for delivery to the correct addressee"...Not Known At This Address....

Edited by zzr1200