The Land Rover Appreciation Group.

John Hancock

The back end of discos are always crusty

If the rot is in the back doorwheel arch below is a fail.

Put your hand under the back bumper about a foot either side of the centre line, the read body mounts are there and they are often crusty and they are well hidden. You will be able to feel any rot with your finger ends.

The boot floor shouldnt be a probelm but on 7 seaters rot along the seams can fail the rear seatbelt mounts.

don't forget on both 5 and 7 seaters two seat belt mounting points are through the floor !

Its all down to the mot tester and his knowledge of the vehicle being tested !

seen many fail when taken somewhere that the tester either hates them or doesent know them ! we use guys who know the vehicles they may advise more stuff but they know there stuff !

Oh and i have spent far far far to many hours chassing rust on land rovers to even try and count them !

Sorted out a few issues for the mot, sorted the steering wheel out as it was about 90 degrees over to the right instead of straight. After looking at and un bolting the links found all I needed to do was unbolt the steering wheel and pull it off and bolt it back on. :001_rolleyes:

The wheel also had excessive play in it. Would still turn the wheel but couldn't feel it until about 4 inches left or right. Found that when the last owner had replaced the steering ram he didn't put the washer back properly and bend the edges up and down around the nut and arm. :001_rolleyes:

Sorry the last owner had replaced various bits on the steering parts and had unbolted nearly everything on it.

Looked at the rust today and its nowhere near the seatbelt mountings in the boot but still going to kurust it all and weld new plates over it all. Followed by a good smear of underseal. :thumbup:

The arches are on the rear doors at the bottom and a bit on the top that hasn't gone through yet but still need to sort all these bits out.

Other than that its all good. So I know as I can't check emissions.

HI

I don't own a landrover but I have made a couple of landrover cakes. Have a look on my facebook page:

Demelzas Cakes | Facebook

Let me know what you think.

Hope you don't mind ( if you do a mod can take it down) but I've nicked one of the pictures i liked to show. An idea came to mind while I was looking and that's a land rover one mixed with the car mechanic one you have done, greasy cover alls under the landy :thumbup:

image.jpg.b1db547d82e6ade5cc224bb80cadc4b2.jpg