The Land Rover Appreciation Group.

John Hancock

the defenders supposed to be and that was the worst.. there all made under the landrover badge and i cant believe they have the front to churn out such unreliable poorly made rubbish.. and i cant believe how anyone can say they'd rather drive round in and maintain say a 2000yr 110 land rover pick up compared with a hilux.. its a no brainer to me and anyone who has owned both has to sgree

We have 56 Disco 3, we love it, when it goes in for a service the wife hates driving the courtesy car.

The Disco 3 is one of the more expensive 4x4's but is also one of the best selling, so they can't be all bad.

wait till you get a wheel bearin go and your wife has to drive a courtesy car for 8 days cos theres not one in the country..[ and of more concern was it going at 36000miles]

wait till you get a wheel bearin go and your wife has to drive a courtesy car for 8 days cos theres not one in the country..[ and of more concern was it going at 36000miles]

Mines done 52000, its needed some work, like a jar valve and a steering rack, but I've found a really good independent garage, they seem to really know their stuff and are very reasonably priced.

If they are so rubbish why are they so popular??

have no idea but if you want to tow lotta weight buy a landcruiser.. a hilux will do over 200k miles.. and still drive half reasonably.. will a landrover.. dont think it will..

A very large percentage of all the landies ever built are still on the road.

Mines done 52000, its needed some work, like a jar valve and a steering rack, but I've found a really good independent garage, they seem to really know their stuff and are very reasonably priced.

If they are so rubbish why are they so popular??

god no's cos everyone i no with a disco 3 says same as me.. for ever in garage gettin faults taken off for a start.. and main agent not havin a wheel bearin in stock [for a car thats so popular] is bad enough.. then to be told theres not a main dealer in the country thats got one and its gonna take 7 days to get one is just unbelievable and unforgiveable... end of..

A very large percentage of all the landies ever built are still on the road.

with what mileage on.. most people who buy a landrover defender will not do serious mileage in them..or if they do will suffer with back problems and they'l sell em at 3 yrs old with 100k on the clock with more clonks and rattles than you can shake a stick at..